I'd like to alter some of the wording the plugin uses

Hey,

You're helping me with a separate topic in another thread, so thought I'd start a new one for this.

I'd like to alter some of the default wording the plugin uses. This is what I'd like:

'Please select a service' to become:
'Please choose the size of your team below and then click, show available times'

'Our schedule from' to become:
'Available times from'

'Click on a free time slot to apply for an appointment' to become:
'Click on a free time slot to book your escape attempt'

Please can you show me which file I need to edit in order to do this?

I have granted you access to the backend if needed.

Thanks
Phil

• Patrick

Hi there @Phil

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard! And Happy New Year too! :slight_smile:

You'll be happy to learn that there's no need to edit any plugin files for that. Those text strings can be customized directly in the shortcodes.

The [app_services] and [app_service_providers] shortcodes can accept a select parameter to customize the text.

And the [app_schedule] and [app_monthly_schedule] shortcodes have a title parameter you can use for that.

For example:
    [app_services select="Please choose the size of your team below and then click, show available times"]

You'll find everything you need to know about the available parameters for each shortcode, and how to use them, under Appointments > Shortcodes in your admin.

Please let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need to.

• Ash

Hello @Phil

There are several ways to do it.

1. You can do it by editing language file using poedit (a software to edit .po file)
    2. You can use a plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/quick-localization/
    3. You can use the following code in your theme's functions.php after wp_footer():

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function($){
      var text = "My Text";

setInterval(function() {
        var obj = $('.appointments-confirmation-service label span');
        if( obj.text() != text ) {
          obj.text(text);
        }
      }, 100);
    });
    </script>

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.