I'd like to alter the wording in a confirmation email

Hi,

I'd like to change the wording that is shown in the confirmation email that is sent to the store owner, when someone purchases a product.

Can you show me where I go to do this? I can't see it in 'Email Notifications' in the Store Settings.

Thanks, Phil

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Phil

I hope you're having a great day!

That particular email text can't be customized directly in the plugin settings. You can however change it by creating a custom language file with a program like PoEdit and editing the text strings there (see screenshot).

However, I think it would make a lot of sense to be able to edit that directly in the plugin settings, so I've moved this to the Features & Feedback forum and have notified the plugin developer of the suggestion.

• Phil
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Patrick,

I've followed your instructions and made the alterations but they don't seem to have taken effect. When I save the language file in PoEdit, a message comes up that says:

"There was a problem formatting the file nicely (but it was saved all right)."

Do you think this might be why the changes aren't being processed? I have of course uploaded the file back to the server to replace the original one. So I'm about stuck!

Thanks.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @Phil

Its likely an issue with unescaped characters/special characters in the strings you are adding. Take a look at this guide to see how to have them correctly escaped.

You can also try with another .PO editor like Pootle or GTranslate.

Also can you make a small change to a string and confirm if it works on the plugin ? We usually never have an issue with translations so this is likely something with the process rather than the plugin. Would love to further investigate.

Let us know if that works.

Cheers
    Jude

• Phil
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jude,

I'm afraid that link is very difficult for me to follow.

I basically want the confirmation email translating from:

A new order (ORDERID) was created in your store:\n
    \n
    Order Information:\n
    ORDERINFOSKU\n
    \n
    Shipping Information:\n
    SHIPPINGINFO\n
    \n
    Email: %s\n
    \n
    Payment Information:\n
    PAYMENTINFO\n
    \n
    You can manage this order here: %s

To:

Hi Containment,\n
    \n
    Someone has made a booking on the website. Please see the details below:\n
    Their email address: %s\n
    \n
    Payment Information:\n
    PAYMENTINFO\n
    \n

I'd also like the booking date and time to be included but not sure how to do this. Please can you help me do this?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @Phil

Sorry the response took a while longer than expected. This one slipped through the gaps.

I'd also like the booking date and time to be included but not sure how to do this.

The payment date and time come with the template I am giving you. Editing this further requires editing the core, and that will break on updates.

I am giving you the completed translations for what you asked for. Just use my .pot file

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.