I'd like to create a Website to show prospects and they can

Hi.

I'd like to create a Website to show prospects and they can play around with. The idea is as follows:

1) The prospect submits a request for a demo.
2) The prospect receives an e-mail to register.
3) Upon registration, the prospects get a brand new Website instance (with pre-determined, pre-configured plugins and widgets) and an account including username and password.
4) The prospect can switch the default theme.

The idea is that each prospect can play in their own "sandbox" without knowing about or interacting with other users.

I assume this Website would be a WordPress multisite. Which plugins and widgets (WPMUDev or otherwise)?

Cheers,

Lyndon

• nelnehal

@lyndon hi you can do this quite easily

1) create a multisite with website registration
    2) Use the Blog Templates plugin, to set up a template site where everything will be copied over to the new user site.
    3) Use the advanced theme switcher plugin, where the use will be able to switch themes.

if you are just looking to give them a demo of the front end you can also do this which is easier.

1) create a subsite
    2) make it private so only registered users can see it.
    3) set it up the way u want.
    4) create a registration form in your main site requesting demo.
    5) use the user management plugin to get all the users from the main site into your demo subsite.
    6) user the advanced theme switcher plugin as a widget where the user can switch between themes.

hope that helps

cheers

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Lyndon

I hope you are well today and thank you for for your question.

If you didn't want users to sign up and automatically have their site instantly, you would still use a WordPress Mulitisite, you just wouldn't allow for sites to be registered, only user accounts.

Then you could use a form plugin such as gravity forms to allow a user to submit a prospect.

The New Blog Templates plugin would be a good choice https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/ with this you can set up a site and use that site a template for all other site, copying across, plugins, themes, widgets, pages, posts etc :slight_smile: You can create as many templates as you like, though each template must be it's own site.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Lyndon

Hi neinehal and Jack,

Thank you both for your very quick and helpful replies!

Other questions comes to mind:

1) Will any of those approaches or configurations allow me to separate the plugins used to manage the multisite from those for the individual site instances? Would a combination of WPMU DEV Pro Sites and New Blog Templates plugins do?

2) Also, I'd like to make it so that only registered users can access the Website and registered users can only see and use their own Website. Would I then need the
    Domain Mapping and Multisite Privacy Plugins?

3) Finally, would I set a trial period so that individual Website get deleted at an expiry date?

Cheers,

Lyndon

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Lyndon

I hope you are well today.

1:You could use New Blog Templates and Pro Sites, but only use Pro sites as well if you'd like to charge otherwise New Blog Templates will work :slight_smile:
    You can then not network activate any plugins and then activate them on a site by site basis.

2: You would only need domain mapping, if you'd like your clients to have their own domain of domain.com and not a sub domain of sub.domain.com for example.
    But you would want Multisite Privacy :slight_smile:

3: You could set a trial period, but a account/site would not be deleted after the trial period rather it would be inactive, though you can delete it from sites menu in network admin.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.