I'd like to display blog avatars on my buddypress /

I'd like to display blog avatars on my buddypress / multisite install.

I get that buddypress has it's own user avatars, but shouldn't the plugin support site avatars only when it detects buddypress as being installed?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Callum, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

While Avatars isn't able to do that presently, that would definitely be a great feature to have, since the site avatars functionality should operate on a different basis than the user avatars does presently.

I've moved this over to the Features and Feedback section, so that it can voted to be included in a future release.

Thanks for the idea! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

• Aurelio

I second this (I think).
    My multisite using Avatars for Multisite plugin gets real confusing when the Avatars disappears wherever Buddypress is. On a multisite I want Avatars consistent but it seems like Avatars and Buddypress can't exist in the same room, like Peter Parker and SpiderMan. If I activate Buddypress site wide Avatars for Multisite controls disappears completely. If I activate Buddypress on one site only, then that one site has a completely different Avatar for that user just on that site. I would ideally like to be able to checkbox disable Buddypress Avatar completely and just use this one plugin and Avatar method for all my sites, or let this plugin override/update the Buddypress avatar so the user can do it once and have the same avatar everywhere.
    Another confusing aspect of using Buddypress Avatars is that when I update them using buddypress, it seemed like they were updating the blog avatars for that site sometimes. It would really be less confusing if we could somehow make buddypress and site avatars one in the same, and use a single plugin to manage them on all child sites, whether buddypress was installed or not.
    I apologize if I am myself confused between buddypress avatar, site avatar, multisite for Avatars avatar. I am just trying to find the least confusing way to make managing avatars consistent for users on a multisite that includes a buddypress site, but let users still avoid gravatar linking or tracking their email address identities for privacy reasons.
    thank you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.