Export specific posts

Hello,

I'd like to export some specific posts then import to another website. I know we can export the posts by using Wordpress > export tools but it's just allow me export specific categories/ author or range of year/month. In my case, I want to export specific posts by range of date e.g. from 3.July to 7.July (the attachment i can copy it manually).

I also found some plugins but it seems not update long time ago.

Do you have any ideas about this?

Please advice,
Tuan.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Tuan,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by temporary bulk adding category to these posts as shown in the attached screenshots then export the posts having that category and import it on another site.

After importing the posts on another site please bulk remove the temporary category that we have assigned to the posts.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Khanh
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Vinod,

When we use bulk edit, will the existing categories of these posts be replaced?

e.g.
    Post 1 has categories: "a, b, c"
    Post 2 has categories: "b,c,d"

If we bulk edit it by add more category: "test category", the post 1 will be: "a, b, c, test category" or just only "test category", please confirm. I tested it at my side and it just display "test category"???

Thanks,
    Tuan.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Tuan,

Thank you for your quick reply.

If we bulk edit it by add more category: "test category", the post 1 will be: "a, b, c, test category" or just only "test category", please confirm. I tested it at my side and it just display "test category"???

After bulk adding Test Category the the post will have categories as : "a, b, c, test category"

I have tested it on my test site and it's working fine adding new category without affecting existing category as shown in the attached screenshots.

If it doesn't work like this on your site then Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Khanh
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Vinod,

Please go ahead, but please try it with the very old posts (page > 100...).

For more information: because i'm moving the website to another hosting, i have restored the database to there untill 6.July but now I'm still posting in the old site, so that's why i want to export specific post by date range from 7.July later.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.