Ideal Configuration Information

Hi, I have an opportunity to obtain a much needed improvement to the hosting specifications for this site. What is the absolute optimum spec please, including php memory allocation etc. Thanks.

• Milan

Hello @rogera,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

First of all there isn't any general optimum spec for hosting related configuration. :slight_smile: It varies from user to user according to their needs and requirement. So ideal php memory limit can only be decided after reviewing your site. Just keep in mind that you only want to increase php limit when your installed plugin's php scripts are not able to function well and needs more memory to function well. You will get error of "memory exhausted" error whenever your system feels it needs more memory to run well. :slight_smile: A good hosting with enough memory is enough for CoursePress to run smoother. If you are facing any issue please do let us know. :slight_smile:

But please read this article too for more information on general guidelines. :slight_smile:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/High_Traffic_Tips_For_WordPress

Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello @rogera,

I hope you are well today. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that my previous reply didn't help you with your concern. :slight_frown:

Dear member my whole point in my previous reply was that just good amount of php memory, good processor loaded on hosting server is enough for plugin to work well.

I've tested CoursePress pro on some free hosting and it works well their too, so point here is that any good hosting should be good to go call for plugin functionality. Please don't think too much about this, plugin will work its best if it gets enough resources which are included in simple hosting plan too.

Problem may raise when your site gets famous and plenty of users starts surfing it at the same time, But again to handle such diverse and at the same time high traffic load shifting to better hosting plan fixes issues. :slight_smile:

So my conclusion is that for now plugin will work very efficiently with below configurations. ( Note: You may want to contact your hosting provider to confirm these settings, but these are very much defaults so its better you use our WPMU DEV > Support > System Info page to confirm these little things. :slight_smile:

========================================================
    Common settings which can affect plugin's performance
    <em> PHP related </em>
    max_execution_time			30
    memory_limit					256M
    upload_max_filesize			2M
    post_max_size				8M
    display_errors				1 ( 1 represents "enabled" or "on" )
    log_errors					1
    session.cache_expire			180
    <em> MYSQL related </em>
    key_buffer_size				16 MB
    max_allowed_packet			16 MB
    max_connections				151
    query_cache_limit				1 MB
    query_cache_size				16 MB
    query_cache_type				ON
    =======================================================
    <em>Wordpress related</em>
    =======================================================
    => Latest Version
    WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT		256M
    WP_MEMORY_LIMIT			64M
    ==========================================================

I hope this helps you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.