Ideal WPMU plugins for student housing site

I'm trying to figure out if a few features for a student apartment housing site are possible to re-create using WPMU plugins.

If we wanted to let students log in to see their status (if they've paid their bill or are late) and perhaps pay their bill directly - is this something Membership Pro 2 can do? Would it be able to update the page itself when it receives a payment? Also, it seems like Membership pro's recurring payments setup would lock a student out from logging in if they did miss a payment.

As for listing available apartments, rooms, houses do you think the Directory or Classified plugins would adapt best for this purpose? It would be fantastic if students could search by number of bedrooms, etc from the homepage.

I prefer using WPMU themes because they are great & I know they all interact well together, so I'm wondering if they'll adapt well for this purpose or if I should find some specifically real estate related plugins to get that kind of functionality.

I appreciate the help and advice. Thank you.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Matthew,

If we wanted to let students log in to see their status (if they've paid their bill or are late) and perhaps pay their bill directly - is this something Membership Pro 2 can do?

Yes, if we talk about access to protected content and payments for subscriptions for memberships. And payments have to be done in Memberships with use of one of the available payment gateways - otherwise Membership will not recognize those payments and status of subscriptions will not be renewed automatically.
    Exceptions are manual payments where site owner is responsible for checking those payments and managing manually subscriptions statuses. With lots of users that can be time consuming task.

Also, it seems like Membership pro's recurring payments setup would lock a student out from logging in if they did miss a payment.

No. It would deactivate its subscription and user would not be able to check content that is protected by that membership. Locking users would not allow them to pay their subscriptions fees, so that is not an option in that plugin.

As for listing available apartments, rooms, houses do you think the Directory or Classified plugins would adapt best for this purpose? It would be fantastic if students could search by number of bedrooms, etc from the homepage.

Directory does not offer filtering and searching by custom fields by default. You can add custom fields to listings (see usage page https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-directory/#product-usage ) - but searching would need to be realized with additional plugin, like

https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-fields-search/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-custom-fields-search/

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.