I am looking at possible methods to create a site that allows people to list a request an appointment and allow other users to offer their time.
In one way this is like jobs and experts - but it is also more of an appointments system I want - but one that allows people to request time slots... not just see the list of available appointment slots for a given user.
An example of how it would work is:
User 1 wants someone to meet them at 9am. This is shared with a selected group of friends (who all have profiles on the site). User 2 sees this and accepts the request. Points based system is used to pay for the booking.
I can't really see an obvious way to achieve this (as i need users to be connecting with each other and displaying their availability via the site) without the need to have to set each users availability up via site admin. Therefore it needs to happen through a frontend form system.
The key issues i am struggling with is in creating a system where :
1. Users can Book/request/accept service
2. Users can create an groups of users within all of your friends to direct specific requests to.
3. Points bank – ability to spend and earn points and have these displayed on account/dashboard and used to book appointments.
4. Ability to receive notifications/reminders on upcoming bookings.
5. Calendar showing availability and availability of members in private friends group
My only solution at the moment involves using the booking system to be able to show when users are available and to ask the person booking the service to manually view their calendar and book directly... but I don't know whether there is any frontend method to allow members to easily set their availability on a day by day basis.
Any ideas how this could be approached.. or is there another plugin I am missing?