Ideas on how to make a membership driven newsletter

We have a 100 day email newsletter we sell. Im trying to figure out if there is a way to do this via someone buying the package on our site via marketpress, and then it signing them up for the mailchimp newsletter I have.

Is it possible to have something purchased add the purchaser as a member, and then trigger a sign up via the mail chimp widget without it being public?

Im awfully new at this, so apologies if Im missing something obvious.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Sean!

This is totally possible, it might just take a little work to set up.

First, I think Membership, or a plugin like our Membership, would be the key. Our Membership has something called a remote ping included, what that does is send a trigger on sign-up to the URL of your choice. I know several members use this to work with MailChimp, to send a welcome email, for example.

Membership is pretty robust, and it can be intimidating the first time you use it (I locked myself out of my site the first time. Good times!), but since you'd only be using it in a limited fashion, you could get it set up in less than an hour.

I'm sending you to our video tutorial series on Membership, the whole thing is pretty valuable, but pay specific attention to the vid on Remote Pings.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV1BcivFAIdtF4p7CYVfMbVAJ4JQ1Rpe9

Hope this helps!

• Sean
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So basically when someone buys a membership, it essentially works. I also have companion products we wsell, so I was trying to figure this one out. I think I see how. I have the manual and will give it a try. Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.