Ideas on how to manage what I want

Ok So awhile back I worked on a project and I was limited by the addons available, and rather frankly... My stupidity.... in accomplishing everything I want.... well now with the new betas coming out and all the new addons here Id like to try a few things again if I can figure em out.

I want to set up a Site/Sites that offer Blogs as well as Estores to the public pretty simple I know but heres my problems.. I know some simply cant happen yet but Ill list everything on the off chance I didnt catch an addon for it.

1.) Free Estore/Blog with a commision based system for the free estores
Easy enough with market press.. but i sit possible to change that % so like 10% for lvl 1 and 5% for lvl 2 users

2.) heres where I confused and I know I probably can do it with a mix of membership and supporter but with the new supporter coming out Im not sure the best way to accomplish this:

Variable user lvls where they get certain things.. for instance heres a quick example of what I want in user lvls
A.) 1 Blog/Estore free with advertising and the %
B.) Remove advertising
C.) Estore enabled with less or no% depending if its possible to lower %

I think I can accomplish the above just by using the new supporter since with multiple lvls and ads in it I think* I can do it with minimal troubles but if theres a better way to do it please let me know

3.) Themes: By offering themes for both blogs and/or marketpress will I run into compatibility issues in my themes... I was thinkin I may be better off offering 2 seperate multsites but then I would run into domain issues if someone wanted a custom domain and had a estore with it... so any ideas here would be helpfull..... which brings up my next issue

4.) domain names... I know theres a few plugins here that look like they accomplish this but just to be sure I want users to be able to have vanity domains as maybe another supporter lvl but I dont know how to accomplish this if say someone wanted a domain name and say no adds but dont want 0 commision I dont see how this is possible... I cant charge for features as any feature in a package is offered if they buy a higher lvl package

Ill probably just end up offering at the first lvl no adds and domain names then just go from there but I dunno

Also on this topic of domain names... can 1 site have a parked domain as well as a main domain or would that mean they would have to have cpanel or set that up via godaddy or wherever they bought it.

5.) I have multiple IP addys... I assume the site and entire network is limited to 1 but figure Id make sure

6.) Lastly.... Any important features Im completly lacking that I should throw in?

Sorry for all this I guess I had more questions and comments then I realized but please feel free to let me know where I can improve things or how to do stuff I havent figured out.

• Philip John

Hiya!

I'll address each of your points so you know exactly where everything sits :slight_smile:

i sit possible to change that % so like 10% for lvl 1 and 5% for lvl 2 users

Not as yet I'm afraid, no. It's not actually something I've heard come up yet actually.

think I can accomplish the above just by using the new supporter since with multiple lvls and ads

Yes, that sounds about right to me. Do have a play with Pro Sites on a test site if you can though.

By offering themes for both blogs and/or marketpress will I run into compatibility issues in my themes

Potentially but you could easily circumvent that by making sure the themes you offer work well with MarketPress and creating child themes to tweak them as necessary if they don't.

I want users to be able to have vanity domains as maybe another supporter lvl but I dont know how to accomplish this if say someone wanted a domain name and say no adds but dont want 0 commision

Yeah that'll be tricky. I'm not sure mixing and matching Supporter features is going to be possible like that, and Membership won't do that for you (unless you create multiple subscriptions and hide the menu items in admin).

can 1 site have a parked domain as well as a main domain

Domain mapping doesn't allow for 'parking' as such, no. They could redirect a second domain if their hosts support it though.

I have multiple IP addys... I assume the site and entire network is limited to 1 but figure Id make sure

Yep as the same e-mail address is used for all mapped domains.

Lastly.... Any important features Im completly lacking that I should throw in?

Ha, I reckon you're best off getting the basics and you'll soon be thinking "I want this!" and so will your users... :wink:

Hope that helps!

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.