iDevAffiliate and M2P

I’m using the iDevAffiliate plugin, and it has integration with Membership 2 Pro, but it asks some variables to add and make the integration works,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kz7b01if8vxxz3b/Screenshot%202019-06-02%2013.41.50.png?dl=0

https://www.idevlibrary.com/docs/Optional_Variables.pdf?csrf_token=4ba365e55b50a1422cee

Can you send me the list of M2P variables to add?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi stripedrhino,

I’m afraid that I’m not familiar with the iDevAffiliate plugin and from their docs page it’s not specified clearly which variables they need and from where to fetch it exactly.

I have attached M2 API Docs below so you can ask iDevAffiliate developers to check those out and see which variables exactly is needed in the plugin to pull the proper customer data.

If you could give us some additional details on what they need to be provided in there we could look into this further and give you some additional details.

Best regards,

Predrag

• stripedrhino
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Predrag Dubajic actually, after looking again at iDevAffiliate – it seems that they are able to accept any variables I choose to pass from the transaction into their dashboard. I’m not really 100% sure what to do with the zip file you provided, as I was imagining I would be getting a simple list of variables that could be passed from MS2P. Can you help me with that? I’m hoping to understand any/all potential variables that could be passed, such as:

Full Name = variable_123

Email Address = variable_124

Purchase Total = variable_125

Name of Membership = variable_126

Date of Subscription = variable_127

For example… Stuff like that.

Thanks again.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello stripedrhino

The zip file that Predrag provided you with contains docs for Membership built-in API (Application Programming Interface). Based on this, there can be a custom code created that would for example do some specific actions in the plugin (e.g. assign/remove memberships) and/or fetch requested information about members/memberships from it.

There no such thing, however, as a “list of variables” because that’s not exactly how this works. To get specific information you need to use relevant method (function) to cause Membership 2 Pro query db and process the data and that would give you the information you’re looking for.

Whether this would be relatively simple or a bit more complex that depends on where/how you need to use it. The iDevAffliliate requires some “variables” but that’s quite unclear what/how should actually be provided to it.

For example, on a screenshot there’s a “Variable name” that’s “customer_name”. But what that means? Does it mean that there must be some global variable $customer_name or it’s something passed over URL (like domain.com/?customer_name=johndoe) ?

On what base that data is even prepared – is there some user ID sent to Membership 2 Pro via some hook or is it some URL (POST or GET) parameter?

I know these are questions and not answers but to be able to even suggest something about the possible custom code/solution, we need to know what the plugin (iDevAffliliate) really expects and how that M2P integration in it works (btw, is it a built-in integration or some add-on?).

I tried to find some iDevAffiliate docs on their site but either that’s well hidden too or it’s only available to their customers/affiliates so I don’t have any access to it. Are you able to point me to/provide me with such docs or try to get some answers for above questions from iDevAffiliate devs?

That would help me help you.

Kind regards,

Adam

• stripedrhino

Adam Czajczyk, thank you for your thoughts here – I understand your question. I’ve passed this along to iDevAffiliate and will relay their response.

Regarding the integration, iDevAffiliate has created a wordpress plugin that syncs Membership 2 Pro with iDevAffiliate. And, as you said, it’s only available to those who have made a purchase. I can provide you FTP access to our site if you want to look more closely.

Thanks!

• stripedrhino

Adam Czajczyk, here is the response from iDevAffiliate:

We integrate with Membership Pro 2 via WordPress plugin we provide. That plugin is installed and located like any other, in your WordPress folder: wp-content/plugins folder. In the iDev/MP2 folder, you will find a file called idevaffiliate.php. You’re welcome to edit this file as you please with any additional coding to retrieve and pass optional data.

Around line 145 is where the variable/value definitions are.

If in your admin center, you enabled Optional Variable #1 as the Customer Name for example, you’d need to edit the above mentioned idevaffiliate.php plugin file with something like this:

$data = ‘customer name value here’;

Then say you wanted the customer email address. Enable Optional Variable #2 as the Customer Email address and in your file, add this code:

$data = ‘customer email value here’;

This will require custom programming.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi stripedrhino,

Can you try following these steps and let us know if that is the information that you can use:

– Have one member with a membership

– Navigate to Membership 2 > All Members page

– Click on the Profile icon on the far right side for one of your members

– In the Payments column inside popup click on Payment amount

– Now nex to Invoice ID click on Show Transaction

– Once there, in the Details column hover on the Info icon and that should expand you payment details and I believe that those are the values that can be used in iDevAffiliate

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.