Cross-domain autologin option

If i enable this option in the domain mapping plugin, what happens when an authenticated user of site A goes on site B (which is in the same network) but that user is not a user of site B? Will the user be recognised by site B as a member? or will it generate an error?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello BW

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Simply, user will not allowed to access site B. :slight_smile: If use is owner of both sites, he will be able to access both of it. Otherwise no.

And there won’t be any error message, just login form will be shown to user if he tries to access admin panel of site which is not in his access :slight_smile:

Hope this clarifies your confusion. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Milan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Wilbert!

I hope you’re well today and don’t mind me jumping in :slight_smile:

The option affect all registered users of your Multisite. The point is that the user (regardless of user-role, unless it’s a “super-admin”:wink: that signed up for one site – may it be the main site or a sub-site – does not automatically become a user of any other site so he/she wouldn’t be able to login anyway.

That said, you can make them signup automatically for all sites and also define default user-roles on per-site basis. Therefore user registering for one site would be automatically added to all other sites and assigned a user-role of your choice.

Then, if they login on one site and cross-domain autologin will be enabled, they should be automatically logged in to all other sites. WIth that option disabled, they will have to login to each site separately.

To be able to set users to be users of all the sites of your network automatically, please give this plugin a try: Multisite User Management

https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-user-management/

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.