If I place a plugin on a client site how do I get updates without giving them my personal API update

I have placed the Google Map plugin on a clients site for them to test. I notice that for updates they need the update plugin. This installs my API and access to my account. How do they get updates without giving this access. Can I get a separate link,

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for posting.

only the admin who installs the dashboard plugin will have access to it, you could disable the access to the other admins.

of course this means you would have to stay an admin member of your clients sites. otherwise your clients would need to become a member in order to receive the updates.

alternatively, when an update is received you could do the update for them manually.

hope this helps.

thanks.

• Shawn
    • The Crimson Coder

For a few of my clients I run a simple batch script to update the plugins one their computer. I keep a local cache of the specific plugins, monitor the RSS feed, download them as theyre released and run the batch uploader. It always works great until the client changes the FTP login without telling me.

• Shawn
    • The Crimson Coder

Another thing you can do is go ahead and let them use the updates capability (add their user_id to the “wdn_allowed_users” or something like that in sitemeta or _options, this will let them do their own updates. If you later find that you need to remove their access for whatever reason, you can login to your update notifications page here and change the key. I’ve only had to do this with one client in the years I’ve been using WPMU DEV.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.