Browser caching

If I set the browser caching for 8 days, in case I need to change an image or the CSS, there is no way my visitor can see the change before the end of those 8 days .

Even if i do purge all the cached i have cloudflare and hummingbird the visitor who visited the page on day one will see the change made on an image or the css on day two only only day eight?

• Luís
    • Support

Hey françois ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

As you are using Asset optimization on Hummingbird, if you do a change on CSS and then clear the cache on Asset Optimization (Hummingbird -> Asset Optimization), this will force Hummingbird to regenerate the files and they will get a new filename. As the files get a new filename, it will invalidate the cached files and force the browser to retrieve the new ones from the server.

Regarding to the images, that is true, if you change an image but you keep the exact same name, the browser will serve the cached version. The only way is change the name of the new image added to invalidate the cached file and force the browser to retrieve the new image.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other related question, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.