If New Blog Templates copies plugins, why network activate them?

All user sites in my network are created using New Blog Templates and a specific (mandatory) template site and theme. If the template site has the plugins activated, do I need to network-activate any plugins I want to make available to user sites?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Burlington Avenue,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

If a plugin is active on a template site, network activated or site by site, and in the settings for that blog template, make sure WordPress settings and plugins are checked. It'll then be copied across correctly.

So it can be network activated or site by site activated and it'll work correctly. :slight_smile:

Network activated plugins if you they aren't on being copied on a blog template, are still available for site by site activation via the sub site > plugins.

Plugins that aren't network activated, can only be activated by the super admin.

Any issues let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Burlington Avenue
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you, Jack. My users will not have access to their dashboards, so they won't be able to activate any plugins.

Re: "Plugins that aren't network activated, can only be activated by the super admin." Just to be clear, are you saying I need to network activate any plugin I want active on the subsites, even if the template site has the plugin activated and the New Blog Templates settings are set to copy the plugin's tables?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.