If you click restore in the history tab of the wiki plugin

If you click restore in the history tab of the wiki plugin you are taken to a page in a text editor where you can chose to save or cancel (the restore). However, if you navigate away from the page without saving or cancelling the restore still goes through.

It would probably make more sense to either stop this happening i.e you have to implicitly save for a restore to go through (if you navigate away from the page without saving nothing happens)or when you click restore instead of being taken to the edit page you just get a prompt - are you sure you wish to restore this version? yes / cancel

Is there a fix around at the moment for this?

Thanks

• Jonathan

Hiya @Tarn,

I see what's going on. When you click restore, the post is restored instantly (the desired functionality) and you're redirected to the edit screen. So you're now editing the post revision that you restored to. Make sense?

I see how it's really confusing though because you're taken to the edit screen with no acknowledgement that the post was restored. I'll get this fixed in the next release :slight_smile:

1) When clicking restore show a confirm dialog box "Are you sure you want to restore?"
    2) After restoring, redirect to he main Wiki page (not the edit form) and display a message to the user "You have successfully restored to revision ###"

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.