If you visit

If you visit http://mybloggingsite.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=10
and select to Use a subdomain from My Blogging Site. Enter "mlfiles" as the chosen sub domain or "support" because i know they both already exist and should come back as being not available but it actually fails and appears they are available. It isn't untill the order is processed that the order will actually fail as they already exisit within wordpress.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Michael Lambert,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I just checked it using "mlfiles" and "support" sub domain and it displays that it's available. I just checked your sub domain support.mybloggingsite.com and it doesn't display anything.

Are you sure they are already exist? Can you send me the screenshot of it, confirming they are exist.

Best Regards,

• Michael Lambert
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi

the support sub domain was deactivated so i have activated it again but this hasn't had any affect on the situation. Try visiting support.mybloggingsite.com so you can see it is there and then try and place an order for that subdomain to see the problem

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Michael Lambert,

This will certainly take a bit of trial and error to try to figure it out.

Therefore in an effort of expediency I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advise for us.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send info through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include any relevant login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )

Kind Regards,

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Michael Lambert,

Thanks for sending me details.

I checked your site but didn't find any related information. Can you just send me your WHMCS installation details using same procedure as described in previous reply so that i can find troubleshoot it there.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Michael Lambert,

Sorry for the late reply.

I tried to log in in to admin area of WHMCS but i couldn't do it.

Have you renamed the WHMCS admin folder to make it harder for visitors to find? If yes then let me know it's URL by sending it on the mail.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Michael Lambert,

I tried logging in for WHMCS using following details but i couldn't log in and my ip has been banned displaying following message.

Access Denied - Your IP XXX.XX.XXX.XXX has been banned

Ban Reason : 3 Invalid Login Attempts

Ban Expires : 21/11/2013 02:51

Can you just reset the password and resend me it?

Kind Regards,

• Michael Lambert

When are you planning on logging in to take a look. Until i get this problem resolved i can't begin the migration process of moving my clients accross to the new site. Please advice because if after each time i send you more information another day has passed this could become a very long drawn out process

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Michael Lambert,

Sorry for the delay.

I checked your WHMCS setup but didn't find any problem in it therefore in an effort of expediency I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advise for us. i have notified the developer about it and he will reply on this thread.

Cheers.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

What you should see, and I just tested it against our site, is that it takes the user inut subdomain name and tries to use it and if there is a collision it adds a number to the subdomain.

For example I made a site "btb" and then made two other orders with the same name. I bumped it to "btb1" and "btb2".

But WHMCS can't tell whether there is a collision until it actually tries to make the site. There's no way to feed back the error at sales time. If there is another error it only show up to the Admin.

• Michael Lambert

What you should see, and I just tested it against our site, is that it takes the user inut subdomain name and tries to use it and if there is a collision it adds a number to the subdomain.

When I continue with the sale knowing the subdomain already exists. When I check in WHMCS at the pending order it hasn't added a number to the end of the subdomain to make it unique. I'm finding that I am having to manual change it within WHMCS?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

It can't know what domains are available until it actually tries to create the domain. Until the order attempts to create the domain it can't display the final domain. When it gets created feedback from the plugin changes the final subdomain name that WHMCS saves. It then displays the correct domain.

There is still a problem if multiple domains are created. WHMCS issues a random password for each domain. Wordpress doesn't allow you to read passwords from Wordpress so there's no way to know what the Wordpress password is for a user so the password in WHMCS won't match the WordPress passwords.

• Michael Lambert

as you say it can't know it exists untill it tries to create the subdomain. But once it tries and failes i am getting the following error: Mapped domain already exists for support.mybloggingsite.com why isn't it just appending a number to the end of it and contine with the setup?

I have WHMCS setup to auto create on payment but since it is failing it just sits in pending orders waiting for me to manually intervene so I just selected to run the create module anyway and got the above error?

• Michael Lambert

There are two things going on here. If the subdomain that I am trying to register exists in wordpress but doesn't exist in WHMCS then it completely fails with the below log entry

Request

whmcs%5Baction%5D=create&whmcs%5Bmapped_domain%5D=support.mybloggingsite.com&whmcs%5Bdomain%5D=support&whmcs%5Btitle%5D=Your+Site+Title&whmcs%5Buser_name%5D=support2&whmcs%5Bpassword%5D=9w25v5uRsY&whmcs%5Bemail%5D=domains%40ml-solutions.com&whmcs%5Blast_name%5D=Lambert&whmcs%5Bfirst_name%5D=Michael&whmcs%5Bdefault_role%5D=administrator&whmcs%5Bupload_space%5D=50&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Buser_login%5D=siteadmin&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Buser_password%5D=bu1%40bd%265pHW%234VC6a910&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Bremember%5D=0&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Bwhmcs_client_id%5D=1&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Bwhmcs_service_id%5D=323&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Bwhmcs_product_id%5D=10

Response

Array
    (
    [error] => Mapped domain already exists for support.mybloggingsite.com
    )

If on the other hand the subdomain exists in WHMCS then when the page is submitted it reloads the page again for ordering the subdomain or domain like it knows it can't be registerred. it just doesn't show a message to indicate that.

As for my setup. Looking at your screenshots, mine is identical

• Michael Lambert

i think my issue has now been resolved. What I wasn't seeing was any sort of message indicating that the sub domain was already in use when it finds a match within WHMCS. The confusion on my part was with it not doing the same where WP is concerned. Now that i have modified my theme it now shows it failing when it finds a match which is what i was trying to replicate as from the above info. So with that said i think this is all sorted. Thanks guys

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.