Illegal string offset 'ConvertPlug'

Hello,
I've just installed ConvertPlug and I'm getting this error. Showing on all pages.
Any ideas on how to get rid of it?
Warning: Illegal string offset 'ConvertPlug' in /var/sites/s/snowwatch.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/convertplug/convertplug.php on line 1331

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mark,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The ConvertPluing is a premium plugin and I'm don't have access to it. However, such warning shows up usually because WordPress debugging is turned on.

Please check your "wp-config.php" file and if there's the line that says:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

change it to

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

That will not solve the "core problem" but should remove the error and let you use the site. Such warnings usually do not cause serious troubles but it would be good - after suppressing it - to check if the plugin works fine.

If it does, it should be fine. Otherwise, you might want to get in touch with plugin's developers and report that. They should be able to diagnose the issue.

If they weren't able or willing to help you, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mark!

An "Illegal string offset" is a PHP "error" that's usually cause by either incompatible variable types (for example an attempt to "treat" integer value as an array) or if a given array key does not exist. Usually that's something that could be fixed on a code level rather than via configuration change or similar action.

I'll be happy to take a look at your site and see if I could do anything about it though. It would be great however if you could e.g. upload plugin's code somewhere on your server and leave me a message in a text area on "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's dashboard letting me know about the ULR where you put it. I would then be able to download it and review its code and that could be quite helpful.

Since it's a premium plugin please do not post any download link to it here, if you put it in a text box on "WPMU DEV -> Support" page it won't be posted anywhere and only staff members will be able to see it after accessing your site.

Here's a guide on how to grant an access too:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mark!

Thank you for your replay. I accessed the site but I can't download the plugin that way as all I get is a blank page. I suppose that this is because of directory indexing being disabled (which is good practice, by the way) so could you please update URL in Support Section to point directly to the .zip file with a plugin?

Let me know here when it's done, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mark!

Thank you for updating the link. I was able to download the plugin and check it. It doesn't generate that error on my end, nor on single neither on multisite install, regardless whether I have WP debugging enabled or not.

I have also checked plugin's code around the line stated in error message but I must say I don't see anything "unusual" or "non-standard" there. I'd say that this is either related to the PHP error reporting settings of your PHP installation on the server or it's something that shows up under specific circumstance.

As much as I'd love to, I don't think we could do much about it here. I'm not familiar with plugin's code and reviewing and testing it in different configurations might be a bit outside of the scope of this support forum. I think you might want to run a plugin conflict test to see if disabling other plugins removes that error but in my opinion getting help from plugin developers would be the best shot as they know their code best.

Best regards,
    Adam