Events+ or Appointments

I'm a developer & would like to hook into the events+ plugin. My site has multiple users that can sign up and I want to make another calendar that allows each user to setup their own block out dates.

Should I use the appointments plugin & have each user have their own exceptions? How could I achieve this?

What do you suggest as the best solution for this?

• Bojan Radonic

Hey Joshua,

Hope you're well today and apologies for the late reply

It would really depend on what exactly are you looking to do with the calendar you're referring to. Let me try to sum up both plugins and what they do so you'll know which one would fit better for your needs.

So Appointments+ is more of a 1on1 booking plugin, allowing you to setup services and providers, users (providers) that will setup their working hours allowing other users (members) to book appointments (free or paid) with them for a specific service. These booking slots are having fixed durations (per service) and downside of this is that the maximum duration of service/slot that you can book is 24h and also no recurring bookings are available.

Events+ on the other hand allows you to create recurring events, it just allows you to display them on a calendar, users can RSVP for events that can be free/paid so this is more of a concert/gathering type of plugin rather than a booking one if that makes sense.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions please let us know

Cheers,
    Bojan