I'm a new member trying out your company and setting up

I'm a new member trying out your company and setting up a site to test your software out. I picked one of your themes to use. First off, is there anyway to use visual composer instead of upfront? The upfront software is not that user friendly for me.

The first main issue I'm having is that every time I go to edit the main slider at the top of the page, it locks up. I click the + sign to add slider and the screen goes blurry and it doesn't do anything. Then I try to do something else and it says can not do that while uploading media yet no screen came up for uploading media.

Is this a problem with Mac users? I'm using chrome on my mac. When I get home, I'll try this all on my PC but trying to work remotely is a must for me.

Thanks for your time

• Nithin

Hi Adam Bossin,

Hope you are doing good today.

First off, is there anyway to use visual composer instead of upfront?

Upfront is editor which is considered as an alternative to Visual composer, I'm afraid compatibility with Visual composer won't be a high priority. If you think you need any new features that should be added to Upfront, you could create a new thread in Features & Feedback forum, where it could be considered for development.

every time I go to edit the main slider at the top of the page, it locks up. I click the + sign to add slider and the screen goes blurry and it doesn't do anything. Then I try to do something else and it says can not do that while uploading media yet no screen came up for uploading media.

I tried to add slides in my system, and it seems to work fine, which means the issue is specific to your website, could you please enable support access so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could sort this asap.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Adam Bossin,

I checked your website, and I'm able to replicate this on your website, gallery is not working when we try to add a slide. Could you please try adding the following code inside your wp-config.php file located inside your root directory.
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');

Please make sure to place the code before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */, in your wp-config.php file.

Please let us know how that goes. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Adam Bossin

I also made a new button for instagram for this theme.
    http://sundaybrunchcleveland.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/instagram-yellow-button.jpg

You are welcome to use it in this template. Right now, you have facebook and twitter but nothing else. Only issue is that I changed the link in css to reflect location of the new image. It's just a yellow round button and doesn't show the white instagram logo. I have no idea why it's doing that. Any insight would be apprecaited

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Adam,

can you tell me the ratio for the images on this slider? Or proper resolution? I'm trying to get my slider images to fit correctly.

This really depends on the size of your slider (or region if you are using background sliders) - elements in Upfront are very flexible, so you can adjust sliders size to fit your images sizes.

Only issue is that I changed the link in css to reflect location of the new image. It's just a yellow round button and doesn't show the white instagram logo. I have no idea why it's doing that. Any insight would be apprecaited

This is because your image is 300px for 300px big and also its not transparent png. If you want to replace instagram image you would rather need to change that image /wp-content/themes/uf-panino/ui/panino_sprite_v2.png - it contains all the icons (and also instagram icon) - so your new icon replace old one and then you don't need to alter CSS.

Let me know if you still need any further assistance here.

kind regards,
    Kasia