I'm confused about using Framemarket with a child theme.

I'm confused about using Framemarket with a child theme.

I was looking for the GridMarket child theme, but don't see it. Is it not a wPMU theme?

Thanks,
Jenn

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @jennbrockman

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Yep, child-themes can be a bit confusing at first, especially if they are included somewhere in the files with the parent theme. That's the case with FrameMarket & GridMarket.

You'll need to download the FrameMarket theme to your computer and unzip it. Inside, you'll see another folder called themes. Inside that is the gridmarket folder.

The gridmarket folder is the one you will need to upload to your site. You can either upload the files via FTP, or zip up that particular folder, then upload it via Themes > Add New > Upload in your wp-admin.

Once both FrameMarket and GridMarket have been uploaded to your site, enable the GridMarket theme.

And you don't have to worry if the gridmarket folder is also present in the FrameMarket theme on your site. It will not interfere with the functionality in any way.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hey @jennbrockman

I am afraid, we don't have any video for that. Let me explain again. There is two ways.

A:

1. Install framemarket via dashboard.
    2. Download the framemarket theme from our site.
    3. Extract the zip file, go to "themes" folder of the extracted folder.
    4. You will see gridmarket theme there, make it zip.
    5. Go to your admin dashboard > Appearances > Themes > Add New > Upload
    6. Upload the theme, and activate.

B:
    1. Install framemarket via dashboard.
    2. Via FTP navigate to /wp-content/themes/framemarket/themes/ folder
    3. Copy/cut the gridmarket folder and paste is to /wp-content/themes/ folder.
    4. Go to your admin dashboard > Appearances > Themes and activate the grid amrket theme.

If you still have problem, please enable support access from WPMU DEV > Support Access and I will install it in your server.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.