I'm curious why

I'm curious why some of the features of Membership 2 are unavailable and say "pro version" whenI've installed Membership 2 Pro and I don't have an upgrade option.

• Luís

Hi renaissanceinstitute ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Unfortunately, there is no "direct" integration between Membership 2 Pro and CoursePress. However, Membership 2 Pro have an "Member Capabilities" add-on, where you can assign certain "capabilities" to each Membership (by "subscribers" I think you want to mention the members, not the "subscriber" role of WordPress, right?)

To do this, you need to:

1) Go to "Membership 2 -> Add-ons" and enable "Member Capabilities";

2) Then, clicking in the "Details" link, it will be displayed a pop up, where you will need to activate the "Advanced Capability protection" option.

Then, in Membership 2-> Protection Rules, should be displayed a new "Capabilities" tab, where you can assign WordPress capabilities to your members.

However, in order to help you better, can you please give us more information about what you are trying to achive?

Cheers, Luís

• Luís

Hi renaissanceinstitute ,

Regarding to your questions:

Honestly, I can't even figure out how to add instructors. Ideally, they'd be granted access to coursepress after they sign up for a professional subscription.

By default, a user can only be an instructor when assigned as "instrutor" to a course. This is done during the course configuration (CoursePress -> New Course, "Step 3 – Instructors and Facilitators" ):

I wonder if there is a way to use Memberships to change a person's role from "subscriber" to "editor" and then use "User Role Editor" to define access.

Actually, I made some more tests and seems that there is some issues with the "Advanced Capability protection" option. Our developers are aware and already fixed this issue and a new version of Membership 2 Pro that includes this fix will be released very soon. I can't give an ETA, but we hope to release it asap.

Meantime, we need to follow other way and as you mentioned, assign a specific role to the members (i.e "Editor") and use a plugin like User Role Editor to assign the capabilities to publish courses.

We will need to use the "Member Capabilities" in the same, but the "Advanced Capability protection" option needs to be disabled at this time. This add-on doesn't change the user role, it will assign the capabilities of that role to the members. I.E the members will still be a "subscriber" but will have all the capabilities assigned to the "editor" role.

I made a video showing this procedure, that I think it will may interest you:

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís