I'm currently running multi-site/multinetwork setup.

I'm currently running multi-site/multinetwork setup.

i've installed multi-db and everything was working correctly. this morning the system went down and displays a database connection error.

if i delete the db.php file in wp-content folder the system comes back up, but I'm sure I'll be missing blogs (490+ in the new global db while only 195 in original db that was used).

I have checked the db-config.php file and all data looks correct.

any suggestion?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi David,

Hope you're well?

what do you mean by multi-network?

If you mean by using this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-multi-network/

I'm not sure multi-db can actually work with multi-network.

Can you doublecheck your DB file, are you using the same DB user for each DB? make sure that user has global permissions. Also you could try adding the port number of the db host too?

I'm no expert on multi-db plugin though, but I will tell you we have deprecated this plugin, so it will not be developed or updated any further. that might be worth thinking about.

Let me just flag the developer on this for you as he should hopefully be able to help you more with this.

Thanks

• David
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

good evening.

Yes, using multi-network plugin. and yes all 16 db's have the same user name and password. As I noted everything was working correctly since around 1 august.

I did note that it is being deprecated and have started considering remerging the dbs to bring the system back up.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.