I'm facing site slowdowns even after using Hummingbird and Smush

My site is not working well, Can anyone take a closer look for my site's speed and recommend optimization technique?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello slcsb

The issue seems with the server. Where is your site hosted? Is it a shared hosting? The respond time of your server is very low. Even when I ping to the server, it always times out and returns no data.

Here are some screenshots:

Would you please talk to your host about this? Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi slcsb,

I'm not sure where you are getting the 169.139.16.88 IP address, that is not the IP for the site.

That's the IP address to which your mentioned site is pointed towards, we got that IP after a ping test. You can check that in here:
    https://www.ipaddressguide.com/ping

However, I checked Hummingbird, and Smush settings, all it's options are enabled, and working fine. I could notice Gzip Compression is not fully enabled, under Hummingbird > Gzip Compression.

Could you please create a php.ini file, and add the following rules to it:

zlib.output_compression = On

Which should help with getting Gzip working fine. However when I checked the site via pingdom, the load time of the site is around 2 seconds, which is decent. Could I know where exactly are you noticing slowdowns so that we could have a better idea?

I could notice the server is taking time to establish an initial connection. As seen in here:
    https://tools.pingdom.com/#5a3d748935000000

Which is something more specific within the server side, please do note that what Hummingbird, and Smush does is application level fixes, if the server in general is slow, the amount of application level fixes applied won't bring significant difference.

Did you check this with your hosting provider regarding this as asked before? Were they able to pin point anything specific? Please do let us know what you hosting provider has to say regarding these, so that we could give a closer look.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.