I'm getting an error connecting to fb

3 Things. Numbers 1 and 2 are not an issue while I am logged in to wordpress, but to someone that is not logged in, they are an issue.

1. I'm not seeing the paypal button show up on my events http://rawfoodgratitude.com/events/2013/03/raw-food-gratitude-workship/

2. The alignment on the events page is all weird http://rawfoodgratitude.com/events

3. I'm getting this error while trying to connect or authenticate through fb

Error
An error occurred. Please try again later.

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.

I'm not sure what fields need to be filled out in the fb application, can you let me know and/or send me a screenshot of what needs to be filled out with what?

Oh, and on that note of not really getting how to setup the FB app properly, I'm having a similar thing with twitter

Whoa there!

There is no request token for this page. That's the special key we need from applications asking to use your Twitter account. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.

Thanks =)

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @russellprisco

Welcome to the forums!

1) The PayPal button only appears once a user has confirmed attendance and is logged-in. I used Google login and the process worked just fine (see 1st screenshot).

2) Looks fine to me in Firefox19 (2nd screenshot). If this is not what you see, what browser are you using to view your site?

3) Here's a handy guide for setting up your Facebook app. If you follow all the steps there, you should be golden :slight_smile:

As for the Twitter wonkiness, you'll find the following steps in the usage instructions
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/#usage

1) Clear cache/cookies
    2) Create your app as instructed
    3) Go to 'Oauth tool' tab in the Twitter App and copy URI in the 'Request URI' field and paste it into the 'Callback URL' field in the 'Settings' tab
    4) Select 'Access' level (read-only or read and write) as necessary
    5) Save and proceed as instructed.

• russellprisco
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes, thanks you. I changed the archived and single event templates and it fixed the funky look.

I ended up doing the same thing (logging in through google) and found that out as well :slight_smile:

And thank you again for the twitter info! I didn't see where to set the access level, but step 3 did the trick!

Still need to get FB taken care of though, and unless I'm missing it, I think you may have forgotten to post the link to the guide! :slight_smile:

Would love that link :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again for all the help!

• russellprisco
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

haha, no worries!

Thanks again =)

Was just missing that http version of the site.

Something else now. I just happened to click I'm Attending on the events page instead of on the actual event page, and no paypal popped up. Is there a way to have the paypal come up on the event page (the list of events)? If it's not going to pop up on the events page, is there a way for it to redirect to the actual individual event that the person clicked the button for when they click I'm Attending?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @russellprisco

I just happened to click I'm Attending on the events page instead of on the actual event page, and no paypal popped up.

Hmm... I just tested that on a dev site and confirm that behavior. Which does appear odd. I cannot find a way for users to be redirected to the specific event to make payment either.

I'll see if I can get the developer to pop in here to provide some insight into this. Hang on...

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @russellprisco

I'll ping the developer again (the whole team is busy, busy on a bunch of projects!).

For email confirmation, simply enable the "Email: send email on RSVP" addon and enter your info in the settings that appear at the bottom of the screen. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.