I'm getting hung up in creating my memberships (password issues)

The help support does not list Membership 2 as an option, but that is what I am REALLY trying to deal with.

When I get to the register page, the password confirmation doesn't seem to work:

https://functionalsexology.com/register-2/

Thanks for your help!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Keesha!

You've granted access to your site yesterday and it seems that @Aicee has just ended her shift by then. She's also off today, we all need to rest some times after all. I hope you understand this :slight_smile:

That being said, I've checked your registration page and I can confirm the issue. However, I wasn't able to access your dashboard to check site's settings. When I try, I keep getting the "Invalid token" error. Unfortunately this happens sometimes and usually means that either the support access has expired already or that something went wrong during the enable process. The easiest solution is to simply re-grant an access so could you please do it?

Let me know when your done!

Thanks,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Keesha,

Thanks for granting an access to your site. I've visited its dashboard and checked some settings and I suspect that there's some kind of JavaScript conflict. However, there's been a new version of our Membership2 Pro plugin released just a few minutes ago and it includes some important fixes related - among other things - to plugin conflicts.

That being said, could you please update the Membership 2 plugin before we go any further and let me know if it fixed the issue?

Regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Keesha!

To perform an update if it's still not announced by your WPMU DEV Dashboard, please go to

"WPMU DEV" -> "Updates" page

and scroll it all the way down until you find the blue "Update now" link. After you use it all the available updates should appear in the table above, including the Membership 2 Pro update. Next step would be to click the "Auto Update" button on the right (next to the plugin's version number) and this should do the job.

Let me know please how it went!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Keesha,

I've visited your dashboard once again just to check why you wasn't able to update the plugin and I noticed that you're actually not using our Membership 2 Pro plugin. Instead you've installed the Membership 2 plugin from wordpress.org which is a free, limited version of Membership 2 Pro.

That's why it didn't get updated!

I apologize I didn't thought of it before, that's quite a rare scenario though :slight_smile:

To upgrade to full Membership 2 Pro in a most recent version, please go to the "Plugins" page of your dashboard, disable and delete the "Membership 2" plugin. Once it's done, please go to

"WPMU DEV" -> "Plugins" page

and type "Membership 2 Pro" in a searchbox on top. The "Membership 2 Pro" will pop up so you only want to click "Install" and then "Activate".

This should work out of the box without any data loss but it would be great if you could take a backup of your database before, just in case.

I hope that helps!

Regeards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Keesha,

Thanks for this information.

At least we've eliminated the most basic issues here :slight_smile: The next thing to do would be to run a plugin conflict test and since this might be a little tricky on a live site that's already used for your business I haven't done it myself.

The idea here is to disable all the plugins at once leaving only the Membership 2 active and check for the issue. If it remains, the next step would be to revert for a moment to the default WordPress theme (Twenty Fifteen preferably) and check again.

If it helps, we'll know that the theme is causing the issue.

If disabling plugins helped (even though the theme wasn't reverted to default) then it's time to enable plugins back one-by-one, each time checking for the password issue.

This way, you should be able to identify what's causing the problem. As I said, this might cause your site to break down partially, unfortunately. However, it's an essential troubleshooting step so it would be great if you could backup your entire site this time (database as well as all the files, including WordPress files) and try this.

Also, please take a look at this article (especially the flowchart included):
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Keesha,

I just tested your site running the default WP theme and the registration was working normally, so it does look like there is some kind of theme issue here.

Could you try contacting theme developers about this and let them know that the plugins is working with default theme and let us know about their response?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Keesha
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I've just decided to go with another plugin. The theme creators have been useless with support, as they do not support 3rd party plugins (uh... it's a wordpress theme, right? I know... Ridiculous). I really preferred Membership 2's ability to hide menu items and it's integration, but I am out of time trying to make it work. WP Membership works fine (clunky... but functional). Unfortunately this theme has had issues from day one, but they have all been worked out by me or somebody else (except for this one with Membership 2). I don't want to start with a new theme and have to work out all the bugs again.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Keesha,

I hope you're well today!

I understand your decision. I'm still thinking that this is not a strictly Membership 2 Pro issue as I haven't been able to replicate that behavior none on my test sites in any configuration, although I can confirm that I've experienced it on your site.

Having said that I've notified the developers about the issue and I'll let you know if they manage to replicate and fix the issue, so you could give the Membership 2 Pro a second try if you wish.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.