I'm getting timeouts when running bulk smush it. When that

I'm getting timeouts when running bulk smush it. When that happens, smush.it doesn't recover, and I have to refresh the page and try again.

content-encoding:gzip
content-length:201
content-type:text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
date:Sat, 04 Jul 2015 23:55:42 GMT
server:nginx/1.7.9
vary:Accept-Encoding
version:HTTP/1.1

• markbarnes

My ISP is SiteGround. I've now tried disabling all server side caching, and WP Super Cache. I also disabled all my plugins (apart from WP Smush IT, the WPMUDEV dashboard, and a very simple maintenance mode plugin). I'm still getting the same issue.

I checked now long images were taking to smush. This time I had four successful smushes: 16.40s, 16.28s, 24.95s, 23.83s, and then one that failed which took 31.96. The one that failed this time was a 2MB PNG file (2410x1812). What's interesting is that when I checked that image out by editing it, it says that SmushIT has indeed reduced the file (by 874.13KB or 29.0%).

My host won't allow me to increase the PHP timeout beyond 30s.

There are two issues here. One is SmushIT's ability to recover from a timeout. It should be able to just carry on to the next image, rather than coming to a grinding halt. The second is why the AJAX is timing out, when the image is actually being smushed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.