I'm having a better time with Scribe with my book site, than Spirit with the mjspetsitting site. Taking time to fix and try things. There are a few things that cropped up at this time. This is also a redesign, about my book tracing my trips to Norway, beginning in 1969 when my family spent a year there when I was 11. I had the old 8mm films and my later slides digitized. I've figured out some of the fixes in the questions.
Only worked on home and Gallery pages.
On Home Page:
1. The excerpts that are on the Gallery page are also on the home page. I only want them on the Gallery page. When I view the site, the excerpts are not on the home page. Is it safe to delete them from the home page—it won’t delete them on the Gallery page?
2. Should I continue bio under The Author in the first column, as with Reviews, or jump it to another page? Stylistically? Is the text of the three columns getting too close to each other? Can the padding be stretched?
3. The navigation in the banner is hanging over, probably because I set up a pre-set that created a new navigation instead of using the same one. I wanted the blue background and white text. How do I fix this?
4. I’m having trouble with the h1 script heads changing back to the default color if I change something elsewhere. I reset the settings for that and paragraph. See how long it lasts.
5. Can’t get rid of gap under Bookwire. Tried padding and clicking on bottom and moving it up. Looks a little better now after 6 below.
6. Can’t get the font consistent on the reviews. Going between blockquote and paragraph styles. The font doesn’t look the same on the site. Font is lighter looking at the site than I want it and the way it is in edit mode. Then, I noticed the first review was part of the h1 box. I added a text box for the first review, and it seems ok at the moment. Everything in the text box is a blockquote. It didn’t give me a big quote mark.
7. I embedded YouTube video. I’m unable to change the color or font of the caption.
1. I have slide shows from each trip—had 1969-70 8mm movies digitized—as well as my slides and some pictures. I can’t get the area to click underneath the text excerpts to get the + so I can create another region and add another slider. If I use Camtasia later to edit the films, this might change, but at least, I can get to look at a “draft” of the shows.
2. Can I put a caption/headline on top of the thumbnails without going to a graphic program?
3. Resizing the sliders?