I'm having a number of problems with Upfront. 1. Huge lag -

I'm having a number of problems with Upfront.

1. Huge lag - anywhere from 10-60+ seconds. Most noticeable on the "undo" button which consistently 60+ seconds. Even on drag and drop, there is a significant delay making navigation confusing. BTW, my last save has been hung for 5+ minutes as I write this.

2. Control panel covers part of the screen, so I don't get a true view of what user sees. Is there a preview option I'm missing?

3. Images - including the ones that came automatically with Spirit don't show up when you go to the url astorspethorse.info I'm working in.

Started out in Chrome, but even after removing adblock and flashblock, drag and drop failed. Now working in IE. If I'm working in the real final product for Upfront, this is scary. I'm assuming something is awry. Any ideas - has this happened before? Thanks.

• Jude

Hi there Bruce

Hope you're doing great !!

1) This sounds like some additional memory is required, either to the PHP handler or the website process.

http://www.paulund.co.uk/increase-wordpress-memory-limit

2) This is expected behaviour, unless the control panel exceeds 20% of your screen. Also there is a responsive mode that acts as a preview but may not be exactly what you're after

3) This and your other troubles sound like a classic example of cache related issues. Which host it this ? The cache is either on the DB or the base site using Varnish/WP plugins. Can you check and temporarily disable them if on ? Also check if your host has some sort of object caching for the sites.

Finally you can try a plugin conflict test as detailed here but only after the above steps.

Have a great weekend ahead

Jude

• Bruce

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if the two products - Upfront and GoDaddy - are compatible enough to continue. We set the memory to "define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');" and GoDaddy set .user.ini to 256 in lieu of php.ini. I deactivated all plugins except the wpmudev dashboard.

There is still serious lag but it is borderline usable from a design standpoint. However, the images - neither mine nor yours show up if you pull up astorspethorse.info where I'm working. And I just put a message to you folks on the top and that's not showing up in any browsers either. If you go to my url, the top is completely blank but the rest of Spirit shows up below the fold.

• Jude

There is still serious lag but it is borderline usable from a design standpoint.

Cautionary note: Any changes you make may not be visible immediately. Meaning there may be a difference between the front end and back end of the site.

And I just put a message to you folks on the top and that's not showing up in any browsers either

Im not able to see it either. Im getting a cached version of the site.

Well it should work fine if you can get them to turn off ALL caching modules ( DB / Object / Varnish etc .. ) also any security modules they run for shared accounts

Jude

• Bruce

As I expected, GoDaddy said it's not possible to turn off caching or security modules in managed WordPress. I verified that with them but to be honest, I wouldn't be really comfortable disengaging any security features as that is why we have the managed WordPress. We're going to switch to the Avada theme which I'm sure you're familiar with.

Will I have similar problems with wpmudev plug-ins on GoDaddy? While we are employing you folks primarily for technical support, the more of your software we can use, the better you will be at supporting it. Thanks!

• Jude

Hi again Bruce

Nope none of our plugins have any issue with GoDaddy. Upfront does because it heavily relies on having the latest version available of the DB for its editor.

Also it not ALL security modules need to be turned off. There is one file that needs to be added as an exclusion. That file is tested and verified by us, some security scanners pick the name up as possible spam ware. I only asked you to turn off security so that we can rule out that possibility as well as any others.

the more of your software we can use, the better you will be at supporting it. Thanks!

I really hope you find other software too, support aside you're not getting much value on the Membership currently. Most of our members come here for the products but stay back because of support.

Cheers
    Jude