I'm having difficulties installing the Dashboard

I'm having trouble installing the WPMU DEV Dashboard and I'm not sure which Website I should use i.e. http://www.classicalhorse.com which still has the other pages alive. This is the main site so I do not want to lose that while I am trying to get the dashboard up and running.

If I use my current domain name, which is alive, will setting up the new site cause the other information to be lost. As I attempted to unzip the files, should I just delete the files and attempt to download the dashboard again. Also when I made contact a couple of weeks ago, I was told that I would be able to create that. Well I will need assistance with that. Picking the theme and then customising to do what I want.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Marji,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin doesn't "create a site" or affect your site in any way. It's a plugin that

- lets you install and update our other plugins and themes
    - provides API access in case of our plugins that require it (such as e.g. WP Smush Pro)
    - gives you information about your posts here on forum
    - lets us (support staff) access your site securely in case you need our direct assistance (but that's only if you previously enable "support access"; we cannot do this without your permission).

The "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugins should be installed and enabled on each site that you wish to install our plugins/themes on and/or for which you wish to get a support (if the case requires us to access your site).

Therefore, there's nothing to worry about in terms of "site choice" or whether you will loose your current site after installing it

As it comes to installation. That is a regular WordPress plugin so the installation process is the same as with other plugins:

- download plugin .zip file from this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

- login to your site as an admin
    - go to "Plugins -> Add new" page
    - click on "Upload" button and then "Browse" button
    - select that zip file from your computer
    - click install and then activate

After that a "WPMU DEV" item will show in your site's dashboard on the left so go there and use your WPMU DEV login and password to login into it.

If you have any additional questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Marji

Hi Support,
    Q1.
    My 14 day trial finishes tomorrow. I really need to sort out things today or cancel. I really do not want to cancel as I intuitively think that this will be great, but perhaps it needs someone more technically "savvy" than I. Any assistance you can give me will be great but I have to have the website on its way tonight.
    I am attaching an image of the folders that I downloaded dashboard, but I cannot get the actual dashboard to start working on it.
    I am very happy to allow someone to look into my computer and help me set it up.

Q2. I do not know how to set up the way the site works. Please look at the document I have attached - Page 7 & 8 . I have attempted to set out my needs and where I would like advice.

My telephone number is +61 458 981 506 or my Skype address is - marjia29
    I look forward from someone soon.
    cheers,
    Marji

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Marji!

The screenshot that you posted shows only a little fragment of a directory structure but even than it doesn't look quite right. Let me please ask the fundamental question (and I apologize if it sounds too obvious): do you even have WordPress installed on that domain at all?

I did visit the site that you linked to in your first post but there's just a simple HTML page with an image and what's shown on a screenshot doesn't seem to look like a WordPress-based website directory structure. Furthermore, this is was taken from your local computer - not a server where the site is, is that right?

The WPMU is not a "standalone system/platform" for you to build a site. We do provide support for everything WordPress related as well as a lot of WordPress "goodies" - plugins and themes but you need to have a WordPress website

If you do have a WordPress website setup though, all you need to start with is install the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. I have described it in my previous post but to sum it up and make it a bit more clear:

- you do need to download WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and it comes as a .zip file; do not unpack/extract it;

- login to your site backend as an admin

- go to "Plugins -> Add new" page and click on "Upload" button then "Browse" button and find that zip file on your disk, then click on "Install" and then "Activate.

If that doesn't work, I"m not really sure what may be happening there so it would be very helpful if you could e.g. record a screen video of all the steps you take, starting from plugin download and that would most likely let me find out at what stage something may be going wrong. I would then be able to provide you with more detailed assistance.

Q2. I do not know how to set up the way the site works. Please look at the document I have attached - Page 7 & 8 . I have attempted to set out my needs and where I would like advice.

I checked the PDF that you attached and I think I need to explain that we are not providing website development and we cannot create a site for you. The document is a detailed specification of your planned website and we can assist, advice and help solve issues while you are developing the site but we can't do it for you. That would be a task for which you may want to hire a developer if you wish it to be done for you.

Kind regards,
    Adam