I'm Having Problems with Sign-ups in Membership 2 Pro

Hi there,

I'm experiencing some inconsistency and difficulty with the membership sign-up process in two different sites on my multi-site installation.

The sub-sites involved are http://www.mentorsin.co.uk (live) and kw01.justthinkbig.co (under construction).

The issue with kw01.justthinkbig.co is that when you try to sign-up and select a membership (only one active, at the moment) The 'register' page keeps re-directing to itself and not progressing along the sign-up process.

With http://www.mentorsinc.co.uk I don't think the correct sales process is being followed. I've used the shortcode to select a specific membership level but you then get directed to the 'memberships' page where you have to select the membership level, again, which seems repetetive and adds another step that lengthens the sign-up process. Shouldn't this direct you straight to the registration page and then to the payment page?

Perhaps you could clarify the sales process for me, as well, just so that I know what to expect?

I've granted support access in anticipation of the fact that you may well need it.

kindest regards,

Steve

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Steve,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As for the "kw01" site. I checked it and I can see the issue.

I noticed however that you are using Beaver Builder with so could you please try disabling Beaver Builder at least for the registration page and just put shortcodes in a "plain" Text mode of regular WP Editor a and then check if that works?

If that doesn't change anything could you please first test it with any default theme such as e.g. Twenty Sixteen set for entire sub-site and if that doesn't reveal anything, run a full plugin conflict test? The conflict test procedure is described on a flowchart in this article:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I'm asking for this hoping that it will show us what is causing the issue. Then I would further investigate it.

As for the "mentorsinc" site. Could you please point me to the page on this site where you put that shortcode with membership ID specified? I would like to test it as well but I didn't find it (I'm sure I just missed it, so I'd appreciate your help).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Steve - Just Think BiG

Hi Adam,

Apologies for the slow response but I was away for a long weekend.

Re "kw01" site, I deactivated Beaver Builder (the plugin), which didn't appear to make any difference to the functionality (it does alter the look and feel of the website, though). I changed the theme and there was no difference. However, playing around with it appears to have got it working. Having said that, the the shortode relating to the Registration Form ([ms-membership-register-user membership_id="44"]) doesn't appear to work. Which may be related to the issue???

With "Mentors Inc", it looks like I didn't use the shortcode but instead, used the url that displayed when I used the signup button shortcode. You can see a page at http://mentorsinc.co.uk/35-ways-to-find-a-property/ and use the 'Get Started' button.

I'll wait to hear from you.

Regards,

Steve

• Steve - Just Think BiG

Hi Adam,

I've been looking at a few other things in "kw01" and found that, when I'm logged in everything seems to work ok but doesn't when I'm logged out?

I tried disabling the Beaver Builder plugin again, and with it disabled I can get through to the registration form. Which is a big concern for me as all of my sites are built on Beaver Builder and if I disable the plugin, I lose the site layouts on everything.

I have 2 issues:

1. I still think the signup sequence has 1 too many steps in it as, when I click to 'Get Started' (which uses the url from the signup button, as explained previously), I then get taken to the list of memberships available, having already selected the one I want. Surely, that should take me straight to the sign up for the membership level already chosen?

2. We need to establish what this conflict is and overcome it, so that I can continue to use the Beaver Builder theme.

I'll wait to hear from you.

Regards,

Steve

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Steve,

Thank you for these additional information.

It seems it is Beaver Builder that is causing that incompatibility and in this particular case it would be Beaver Builder developers that would be able to address it because changes would have to be made to Beaver Builder code rather than to Membership 2 Pro code.

However, what you said about you other site made me check that and I think there's another workaround that could work on both your sites. As you are already using a link on your other site you could use a link on both of them but a bit altered:

yoursite.com/register/?action=membership_signup&membership_id=X

where X is a membership ID.

On my test setup that seems to be working well, skipping the membership choice so only a registrations and payment is necessary.

Could you give it a try please?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Steve - Just Think BiG

Hi Adam,

Apologies for the delay but I've been suffering a very nasty bout of the flu and only just got around to looking at this.

Sadly, I can't make this work on my site - at least, not yet. I'd have thought that a specific url would be absolute in its execution. Any thoughts/ideas as to why this may not be working at my end and what we could do about it?

Edited 17:55pm GMT

Hello again, Adam.

The mystery grows. I can't make it work on kw01.justthinkbig.co but on mentorsinc.co.uk, it appears to be working just fine???

Any thoughts as to what may be going on here?

Regards,

Steve

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Steve!

I hope you're feeling better now! It seems that the flue season this year has turned to a "global epidemic" as people around the world seem to suffer at the same time :slight_smile:

As for the issue. It looks like the "workaround" itself is working as you were able to use it on one of the sites. There must be something different in that other site's configuration that is preventing this from execution. Would you mind granting me access to both these sites that you mention in your last post?

I would like to take a look and try to track differences down and hopefully that would give us some clue why it is working on one of the sites but not on the other one.

Let me know please when you grant access.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Steve!

I have accessed your site and apart of Domain Mapping (which shouldn't be an issue here as "kw01..." site is not under mapped domain) I noticed yet another difference:

the "/register/" page on "kw01..." site is build with PageBuilder while on "mentoris.inc" site content/shortcodes has been added using a standard WordPress editor.

I do expect that this may be making a difference here. Would that be possible that you would disable builder for that page on "kw01..." site and add the shortcode again using WP editor (in "Text" mode)?

Let me know if that worked please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Steve - Just Think BiG

Hi Adam,

Thanks for all your help on this.

I'm struggling to disable the page builder from that page (it appears to be disabled but hasn't altered the outcome). However, I created a new page, have made that the registration page, used the standard WordPress editor and it now seems to be working ok. Which is great, if not quite the 'perfect' solution.

Clearly, there are advantages to using the page builder, in terms of controlling the layout, look and feel of the page. Do you have any thoughts as to why the page builder being active on the registration page would cause interference to shortcodes and url's in this way? (Particularly, as I have the page builder active on the pages that are referring to the registration page.)

Obviously, the ideal situation, here, is to have everything set up so that it all just works - even if i use the page builder on the registration page - and I'd be keen to understand what's happening to cause this, so that I can pass on the info to Beaver Builder so that they may be able to take a look, as you suggested previously.

Thanks, again, for all your help.

Kindest regards,

Steve

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Steve!

I'm glad that you manged to make it work :slight_smile:

As for page builders. While that may sound a bit "against" our own Upfront, "builders" were never "natural" to WordPress. I think that will need be addressed over time on WP core level somehow because while not so long ago there were just few builders around, nowadays it's clearly THE direction of "theme development" in future. Personally, I'd say that "builders" (of any kind) a sort of "ahead of WordPress" and WP will just need to "catch up".

That's rather a general statement though, more like an opinion. In technical terms, it's a matter of how much given code (of a builder in that case) affects a "standard WP/HTTP data flow". In this particular case it looks like the data from the form that is submitted to a page built with the builder that you use, is interrupted - most likely either not picked up at all or processed in a way that results in it being not "readable" for Membership 2 Pro. I'm not familiar with that builder's code enough to be able to give you a conclusive answer, unfortunately, but I think the core of the issue is the fact that builder somehow interrupts fetching/processing GET/POST data.

I believe Beaver Builder developers would probably be able to tell you more about that and dig deeper in their code to investigate it. Membership 2 Pro is used with Upfront, Divi, Visual Builder and while there are some times issues, those are usually cases that we can solve. It seems then the Beaver Builder's code may behave in a differen way so that's why I'm pointing to that builder being the culprit here rather than the Membership 2 Pro plugin itself. I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

Personally, I also hope that one day some kind of "builder-specific API" could be introduced to WP so the core aspects could be "standarized" and that would solve most of such issues. So far though, it's still a struggle for developers :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.