I'm having some problem with my WordPress

I’m using the UpFront, and I can’t create any Post, if I use the front Editor it gives me error 500, on the back the editor is gone. Help me Please.

  • Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

    Hello Rob,

    I’m sorry to hear that your site is not working correctly.

    I have escalated this issue to our Second Line Support developers as I don’t see reason in debug.log for this behaviour.

    Our developers will be able to check this further and find a reason for this issue. We will keep you posted.

    kind regards,

    Kasia

  • Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

    Hi Rob ,

    This isn’t related to UpFront or any other plugin that you currently have active.

    Your ‘staging’ database has some issues. I’m not sure how you created the database itself but it’s missing the Auto Increment flags on the tables.

    I’ve added the AI flag on the wp_posts and wp_users tables so you’ll be able to see that you can create a page / user normally now. But this might result in other issues later on if there’s anything else missing.

    You could try re-creating your staging environment just in case there was an issue with the original copy of the database in case that fixes it fully.

    Tell me if you need further help.

    Regards,

    Konstantinos

  • Rob
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    Hi Konstantinos,

    Can you also talen a look at the original wp site and database?

    Not staging, but general site?

    Credentials are the same.

    Staging was made as a clone of original site. So that database will probably be corrupted top.

    No idea how this could happen?

    Regards and thanks

    Rob

  • Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

    Yes unfortunately the 'original' database seem to be missing the Auto Increments as well ( see attached image, I've block the sensitive content out ). For example in the _users table the ID should've be marked as an AI field. Since it's not all new records are made with a '0' value as ID resulting in problems.

    The 'why' this might have happened, pretty much nobody knows. It can be a plethora of things, even a WordPress update itself on rare occasions, although it's more likely to be a result of a recent migration between servers using different database versions or corrupted export files that didn't run fully.

    There's also no 'easy' way out of this unfortunately all tables have to be manually inspected and given the correct table schemas. The best situation would be to install a fresh WordPress even locally and compare all tables one by one and to fix them. Some are also taking an 'easier' way out on running an SQL script to 'reset' let's say the statuses and start the AI values from a higher number ( see https://www.photographerstechsupport.com/tutorials/fixing-wordpress-indexes-foreign-keys-and-auto_increment-fields/ for an example ).

    Regards,

    Konstantinos

  • Rob
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    Hi Konstantinos,

    Thank you for your help.

    I am sad to hear that there is no easy way out. And I think I am not experienced to know what to do.

    You mentioned that script, but I hope you can help me and run it for me?

    Is it maybe also an option to use a backup, because I have made several backups of my wordpress site the past.

    Regards Rob

  • Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

    Hey Rob , I could help you fixing the database of course but the ‘problem’ is with the ‘custom tables’ added by various plugins. I can’t be sure of their setup except if I install those plugins myself. So not easy basically but doable.

    The backup option seems more promising, could you upload a backup somewhere on the server so I can download it from there and inspect the database files of it? If yes, inform me when the upload is ready, on which folder did you upload it at and if you want me to restore it on the Staging or on the Main website.

    Regards,

    Konstantinos

  • Rob
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    I tried to install a backup using Installatron that also made the backups.

    But it gave an errormessage:

    Restoring Backup: Error: A database query has failed. Is the entered database information correct? Does the account have available disk space? type = mysql host = localhost database = **HIDDEN** username = **HIDDEN** = **HIDDEN** Technical information: method = importFile arguments = array ( 0 => ‘/home/** HIDDEN ** /domains/gingerandale.nl/private_html/.ht9az1xmk8gqo0o8ccs8w8o0gc4.data’, 1 => NULL, 2 => NULL,) errstr = fopen(/home/**HIDDEN**domains/gingerandale.nl/private_html/.ht9az1xmk8gqo0o8ccs8w8o0gc4.data): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/installatron/cache/te_f7f8ed4374c3cd760da7334da0e9c23f[21] (PHP 5.5.38 Linux) Unable to read `/home/**HIDDEN**/domains/gingerandale.nl/private_html/.ht9az1xmk8gqo0o8ccs8w8o0gc4.data’: File does not exist.

    Maybe I should better contact Hosting provider for this?

    Regards Rob

    • Konstantinos Xenos
      • Rubber Duck Debugger

      The main database seems to be fine at the moment, the AI indexes that where missing are properly set up. So yes I’d say that your main site should be working properly now.

      The staging still has the ‘old’ broken database though so probably you’ll have to re-create it if you need to make any adjustments there.

      Tell me if you need any further help!

      Regards,

      Konstantinos

  • Rob
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    I created the staging for investigation and support of the errors, but I do not need it.

    So i am going to delete the staging environment and database and continue with the main site and start bringing it up to date again.

    Thank you for your support !

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.