I'm having trouble adding the google wallet button onto the Marketpress checkout.

Okay, my site is nwtequilafest.com - you can see that I have everything set up for checkout ("merch"), minus the payment option. I want to set up Google for payments, and I have all of the ID's, Keys and whatnot in place. The only think left is to place the Google button in the code for the plugin editor, and I have no idea where to do that. I don't want to screw it up... help?

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@Jacmo

Nice site :slight_smile: You shouldnt need to add a button the grey button should take you to the google checkout page.

What i get when i click on this is in the attached screenshot, can you double check your settings and make sure no extra spaces etc have been copied.

Cheers

• Jacmo
    • New Recruit

Hi Tom -

Yes, there isn't even a place to enter payment information, but there is the google button (even though I can't push it). It seems to skip over the entire payment page and go straight to "Confirm"- and when I try to go back to the "Checkout" page to enter payment information, nothing is there.

I checked the back end of the plug-in in Wordpress for spaces like you suggested (I was in the Payments tab of the Store Settings, let me know if I need to be looking somewhere else) and everything supposedly is working alright.

I switched the Mode to "Live" and it seems to be working that way, meaning that I can enter payment information that way, which I suppose is a step in the right direction! Still tho, it dumps me out of my site into Google. What am I missing?

• Jacmo
    • New Recruit

That might be the problem. I thought I had set up right, but when I try to get into the sandbox settings Google tells me that the account is not set up to be a merchant... but it is the same email and it IS set up for a merchant account. I am totally confused. It looks like (if it's Google) that it isn't an issue with Marketpress, but any advice would be appreciated!! :slight_smile:

• Jacmo
    • New Recruit

Thanks Tom! I posted in one of their forums - I think the issue may stem from the fact that I have a person and professional Google account.

I did place an order, to give it a try. It worked, and it looks like Marketpress and Google are talking to each other. But, it looks like I can't manage the orders strictly from Marketpress, I have to go into Google to charge the card and mark it as sent, even if I mark it that way in Marketpress. I'm guessing that is an issue with the sandbox, right?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.