I'm having trouble getting shortcodes to work. In E-mail

Hello,
I'm having trouble getting shortcodes to work. In E-mail Settings, the shortcode for Dashboard did not work.
Also, STUDENT_USERNAME and STUDENT_PASSWORD did not work.
Also, how do I configure this so that a student is auto-enrolled after purchasing online thru paypal?
Please note that I granted access for your support.
Thanks!

• Anang

Hi Chuck

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

What do you mean with using shortcode in email template ? something like putting [course_instructors] in email templates ? If it so, it's not gonna worked, because shortcode is only worked in page/post/ template files. Not in email template :slight_smile:

About STUDENT_USERNAME and STUDENT_PASSWORD that didn't worked, please made sure you have space before and after that code, so the program can parse the code correctly.

You must set your course as "paid course" and then setting payment gateway in marketpress using "paypal" . Let me know if you need more information about this :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Anang

Hi Chuck

Oh do you mean the substitute variable ? That substitute variable can be use in email templates, but every email template have different substitute variable available. Here're the list from CoursePress Pro guide :

User Registration E-mail – codes available:
    STUDENT_FIRST_NAME, BLOG_NAME, LOGIN_ADDRESS, COURSES_ADDRESS, WEBSITE_ADDRESS
    Course Enrollment Confirmation E-mail – codes available:
    STUDENT_FIRST_NAME, BLOG_NAME, LOGIN_ADDRESS, COURSES_ADDRESS, WEBSITE_ADDRESS, COURSE_ADDRESS
    Student Invitation to a Course E-mail – codes available:
    STUDENT_FIRST_NAME, COURSE_NAME, COURSE_EXCERPT, COURSE_ADDRESS, WEBSITE_ADDRESS
    Student Invitation with a Passcode to a Course E-mail – codes available:
    STUDENT_FIRST_NAME, COURSE_NAME, COURSE_EXCERPT, COURSE_ADDRESS, WEBSITE_ADDRESS, PASSCODE
    Instructor Invitation E-mail – codes available:
    INSTRUCTOR_FIRST_NAME, INSTRUCTOR_LAST_NAME, INSTRUCTOR_EMAIL, CONFIRMATION_LINK, COURSE_NAME, COURSE_EXCERPT, COURSE_ADDRESS, WEBSITE_ADDRESS, WEBSITE_NAME

Made sure you hit the save button and have space before and after the code :slight_smile:

And for paypal if you still in testing phase you can choose sandbox first, if you want to get a real payment on a live site you can change it to live.

Hope that helped :slight_smile: Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.