Im having users get a new ID when they login

Im having users get a new ID when they login with FB loggin. Have you seen this before, if so any ideas to fix it?

• PC

Heya jsegal,

Greetings and thanks for your post !

Lemme make that clear for ya, when a user comes on your site and wants to register on that, they have 2 options...

1: Register via a regular WP Signup
    2: Register via Ultimate FB

Now if users have already registered via the standard WP Register and they login using FB, they get a new login id..

I hope that makes it clear for ya :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC

• PC

Hello jsegal,

Greetings !

User "John" signs up with normal WP registration.
    User "John" returns and login with FB Connect and are issued a new ID

This is the same what I mentioned above, if you login using facebook, then It would register you for an account on the site and give you a id like firstname_last name. However the name being displayed as Shirly or some other name , is something which I am confused about and would like to give it a try to see what is going on.

Could you please provide me a link to the site so that I can see what is up ?

Please advise

Cheers
    PC

• aecnu

Greetings jsegal,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.