I'm interested to know more about mulitsite for my clients. What are advantages?

I'm interested to know more about mulitsite for my clients. What are the advantages? I just signed up for a silver plan but would like to understand the benefits of multisite.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there Tomas, great to have you with us! :slight_smile:

It really depends on what you want to do, if you only need a single site then there is no advantage.

If you're needing a series of sites, it means one set of files to maintain and update so it's less time consuming when you need to update your site. I've never really had any issues running multisites, and love too when it fits the project.

If you're wanting to offer the opportunity for people to sign up and get their own sites, well that's another advantage. It can be turned off too if not needed.

If you could let me know more about the project, what's needed and such, I should be able to offer better advice as to whether multisite would suit your needs or not.

Have a great day!

• Imperative Ideas

Multisite is most valuable either to people who resell a site hosting package, or to someone who needs to push data from a central location down to sub-sites (think: realtor who needs a website for each house on the market, all tied back into MLS).

My experiences with WP networks are such that I feel the advantages rarely are worth the additional headaches you incur, unless you have a very specific need for what it offers.