I'm new to the community and need help in installing MULTI-DB ...

Hello,

I am new to multi-site, but I started a project which requires multiple databases, and I've been intendado install Multi-DB plugin, without success constantly gives me error database,

I've proven everything and reviewed how to configure it to install without success.

I would appreciate a help please, thanks.

• Patrick

Hi @Pachés

Welcome to the forums!

Let`s see if we can walk you through this. First steps...

1. Did you use the database tool we provide?: https://premium.wpmudev.org/db-tools/db_sql.php

2. When you created your new databases, you were prompted to enter your "DB Name". Did you enter the name of your original database, or the name of your website?

3. Did you also add the global database to that list as in the example?

4. Did you ensure each new database has a username and password?

Once we get this first part OK, we'll move on.

• Paches

Hi Patrick thank you very much for answering,

If you've used the tool, the speed is impressive to create DB, the name introduced to create vases data is the same as the database domain where you installed the multisite.

Once created and uploaded to the BD mysqladmin, all assigned to the same user name on the primary database, which contains the wordpress multisite.

So far so correct, I think the error must be in the configuration files.

One last thing, I have changed all the files without installing the plugin, which is the right way, I hope to connect the 16 databases in my project,

Thanks again for your attention Patrick.

• Paches

Hello,

Unfortunately I am again here, just not work for me either and after reading other related post, I decided to delete all databases and start over from scratch.

I have some questions I'd like to resolve before starting over again.

1st - In the building program databases, I have to put the "_" after my name master database?

example:
    (A) name db_

(B) db name

I've been reading other post and one says one thing and another another, the previous installation I made with the example (A), which is not correct.

2nd - The same for the global "add_global_table ('some_global_table');"

example:
    (A) add_global_table ('db name');

(B) add_global_table ('name db_global');

In the above put the (B)

3rd - When it comes to putting the IP "add_dc_ip ('123 .123.123. ',' Dc1 ');"

example:
    (A) add_dc_ip ('123 .123.123. ',' Dc1 ');

(B) add_dc_ip ('123 123 123 123 ',' dc1 ') / / I've seen cases eque there in the script as "_" puts the period at the end or not put the period at the end.

Used in the above (A)

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Paches.

• Patrick

Hi again @Paches

Yes, it's often easier to start over, rather than trying to figure out where things went wrong :slight_smile:

1. Yes, you must add the "_" after your database name. For example, if your current database name is mydatabase then you will enter this in the form:
    mydatabase_

2. The global database that you add must follow the same convention as above. So, your global database would be:
    mydatabase_global

3. I presume you mean the IP address you must enter when editing db-config.php. If so, then enter the full address like so:

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Paches

Patrick thank you very much for replying,

What I have done is to rename the database is installed wordpress multisite "database name" to "base name datos_global"

thus recognizes me databases. hasaquí all goes well.

But once uploaded the plugin, I have several options on and all I get error.

Warning: mysql_set_charset () Expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in / home / my account / public_html / website / wp-includes / wp-db.php on line 554

Warning: Can not modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at / home / my account / public_html / website / wp-includes / wp-db.php: 554) in / home / my account / public_html / website / wp-includes/option.php on line 563

Warning: Can not modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at / home / my account / public_html / website / wp-includes / wp-db.php: 554) in / home / my account / public_html / my wen / wp-includes/option.php on line 564

I've become has become jammed, a greeting.

Paches

• Paches

Hi thanks for reply back Patrick

You were right I'm back to rename the database global, now seems to be all right mesalian errors before and not come out, but in the list of activation pligins four different plugins, I've tried and I can only activate two correctly, but the other two I get fatal error.

1 - Multi-DB Version 2.9.2 | By Andrew Billits (Incsub) "is activated successfully"

2 - Multi-DB Allows you to scale your standard Multisite install to allow for millions of blogs and segment your database across multiple physical servers.
    Version 3.1.2 | By Andrew Billits, SH Mohanjith (Incsub), Barry (Incsub)

This gives me the following error:

Fatal error: Can not redeclare add_db_server () (previously declared in / home / ...... / Public_html / ...... / Wp-content / db.php: 35) in / home / ..... / public_html / ...... / wp-content / plugins / multi-db / db.php on line 44

3 - Multi-DB Version 2.9.2 | By Andrew Billits (Incsub) "is activated successfully"

4 - Multi-DB (Conversion Tool) Version 2.9.2 | By Ron Dillehay - FanMail to rdillehay@hotmail.com (no tech support please) - Modified slightly by Andrew Billits (Incsub)

This gives me the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect () [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'user' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES) in / home / ..... / Public_html / ....... / wp-content/plugins/multi-db/move-blogs.php on line 64

I need help, I have three days trying to configure this plugin, it seems that I have followed all the steps several times, but there is something that escapes me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paches.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.