I'm new with

Hello,
I'm new with upfront builder.
1- I don't know how to build a page or post because the menu "New post" or "new page" does not appear.
2- Sometimes my setting like color, theme font are not saved when i don't activate the theme and i had to make the settings several times
3- I cannot update my activated them with the last version of the theme. I see the changes in Upfront builder but they will not appear on the live site
4- Is there an "Undo" button in Upfront Builder?

Thank you for your help!
Acèle

• Nithin

Hi Acèle,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Before getting into answering your question, I would like to explain the difference between Upfront Builder, and Upfront Editor.

Upfront Builder is a plugin, which is used to develop themes from scratch. The themes developed using Upfront are distributable, ie all the changes are contained within your theme directory. So, you can just copy the theme folder, to a new WP install, and you'll see all the changes in your new WordPress site. You can run Upfront Bulider, under Upfront > Builder, and clicking the Edit in Builder link.

Upfront Editor, on the other hand is used to customize a theme. For eg: the theme Fixer, which developed using Upfront Builder. You can change the layout, color, images etc using Upfront Editor, as these are more of a customization to the existing theme, and all the changes made are saved in the database, and are per site only. You can load Upfront Editor through the frontend, as shown below.

So, you'll have to decide whether it's Upfront Builder, or Upfront Editor that you are gonna work with.

1- I don't know how to build a page or post because the menu "New post" or "new page" does not appear.

Upfront Builder is meant for theme development, once you have finished working with Builder, you can create new post, and pages using Upfront Editor.

2- Sometimes my setting like color, theme font are not saved when i don't activate the theme and i had to make the settings several times

I'm not able to replicate such issue when the theme isn't activated, could you please specify where you are trying to set color, and theme font? I checked this under Theme Settings.

3- I cannot update my activated them with the last version of the theme. I see the changes in Upfront builder but they will not appear on the live site

I suppose you are using Upfront Editor, and Upfront Builder at the same time, this will make the changes not appear when we make the changes in Upfront Builder.

You'll have to reset/remove the changes made via the Upfront Editor, under Upfront > General, and click Reset Theme button.

4- Is there an "Undo" button in Upfront Builder?

I'm afraid there isn't undo button, only Upfront Editor comes with a Undo button in it's sidebar. Could you please specify what are you looking to Undo in Builder? So that we could see whether there is a workaround. You'll have to either create a new theme, or delete any particular templates in the theme folder if you are looking to revert to previous state.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Acèle

Hello Nithin,

i need your help please.

If a user creates a site int the network using a template build with Upfront, i want him to be abble to change only the content (text, title, color, font and images) and maybe customize post content like he wants.

I cannot change the homepage content (text or image) in the upfront editor when i'm logged in as an editor. When i change the restriction for an editor to "can change the page layout", i then can change the content but also the element and i don't want that.

I have created a page im WP, set it as Homepage and modify it in the Upfront editor. I still can't change the content.

What am i doing wrong?

Thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.