I'm not sure if my mulitpress is set up correctly.

Hi Guys,
I have MultiPress set up on my server with one sub-site. I installed a custom theme for the sub-site and most of it worked fine except a few things: 1.) The Blogger import gave me some errors. 2.) When I installed some other 3rd party plug in (for facebook feeds), it said it was installed but doesn't show in my plug ins list. 3.) The theme on the sub site would create pages in the back end, but when I went to view them, it gave me 404 errors. (I disabled JetPack and it got better, but it still happens. Can someone check my site via support access (enabled) and see if there is something basic that I'm doing wrong?
Thank You!
Brian

• Tyler Postle

Hey Brian,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I logged in and took a look around and everything seems like it's working fine to me. Is there anyway for me to reproduce the errors? Or if you can take a screenshot of them? That will help further troubleshoot the issue.

I also re-saved your permalinks via:

Settings > Permalinks.

Sometimes that can cause 404 pages. If you're still getting 404 pages then try making the pretty permalinks "post name". You will see it when you visit the Settings > Permalinks page.

Hope this helps Brian and look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• bigbri00

Hi Tyler,
    Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay on my part. (I've been trying to put out other "fires" in the meantime).

I'm having trouble with the Blogger import tool.

I installed it and I had the owner of the blogger site give permission to pull from Blogger. (The one in question is Starbudsconsulting.blogspot.com btw).

It shows as being connected and something there, but when i hit import it says i already imported - however, nothing shows in my posts list.

I'm stuck at this point... Any suggestions?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me!

That's odd, I'll admit I have not used that tool very many times. I'm thinking an easier way to do this might be to pull the posts from that sites RSS feed using our AutoBlog plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/

Just install that and setup that site's RSS as a feed, then tell it how many posts to import and process it. How does that sound? You can import the images too just activate the image import add-on within the AutoBlog settings.

Look forward to hearing back!

Have a great weekend.

All the best,
    Tyler

• bigbri00

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the suggestion. The result was a valid feed, yet the single test post on the Blogspot site did not feed it. (I'm dealing with the Starbuds sub site by the way)I see some XML errors, see attached.
    In the "Usage" tab for the Autoblog, I noticed it said something about running some PHP on my server to create a database? Is that the issue, and if so, is that something that I could be walked through?
    I feel as if the various issues are related to some sort of "setting" that I have wrong (IE directory permissions or something) but i have no clue where to even begin. :slight_frown:
    Thanks for your time and effort in advance!
    Brian

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.