I'm not sure this question is a related to the Product

I'm not sure this question is a related to the Product theme or Buddy Press, but right now the "members" link takes up an entire toolbar under the nag on my site -- http://www.resetyourfuture.com. Is there any way I can remove that bar and tight then space between my nav and my content? I really appreciate the help!

• Patrick

Hi @Jeff

There is an setting in the theme options to enable you to place that menu at the bottom of the page instead of in the header.

Or you could create and activate a child-theme for your site, and remove the code from the header (this is the recommended method).

We've tried to make that easy for our members as all our themes come with a pre-built child-theme that you can upload and activate. You can then customize the heck out of it! :slight_smile:

Download the Product theme to your computer and unzip the folder. Inside, you will find a folder named "themes". Inside that, you'll find a folder named "product-child". That's the child-theme you'll want to customize.

To remove the BuddyPress menu from the header, copy the header.php from the parent theme (product) to the child (product-child). The scroll down until you find this code:

locate_template(array('/library/components/navigation.php'), true );
    	if($bp_existed == 'true'){
    		locate_template(array('/library/components/buddypress/buddypress-navigation.php'), true );
    }

You can either delete that code completely, or comment it out by adding 2 slashes at the beginning of each line like so:

locate_template(array('/library/components/navigation.php'), true );
    //	if($bp_existed == 'true'){
    //		locate_template(array('/library/components/buddypress/buddypress-navigation.php'), true );
    //}

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.