I'm running the latest WordPress and BuddyPress versions

Hi,
I'm running the latest WordPress and BuddyPress versions and BuddyPress Daily.

Thanks so much for adding these new features to chat--they are awesome.

I'm just not able to get it to work. Help!

The chat box in a post is simply an empty box. The chat box on the bottom right of each page is also a blank box.

I'm assuming that I should be able to switch my status from offline to available--but that doesn't work either.

Thanks so much for your help.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@tadpubco,

Just tested using the latest version of the BP Daily theme and current version of BP.

The chat box in a post is simply an empty box. The chat box on the bottom right of each page is also a blank box.

Is this something I can view from the public side? Can you provide a URL to the post chat?

I'm assuming that I should be able to switch my status from offline to available--but that doesn't work either.

Just to be clear there is a chat status in the WP toolbar. And yes it is for controlling your status. By default you should see the current status and the other two available statuses in the popup menu. What are you seeing? Have you tried both from you front-end and within wp-admin? Wondering if this might be a JavaScript conflict on your front-end.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@tadpubco,

I've looked at the http://www.aftergiving.com/chat/ and looking at the AJAx conversations between the browser and your server.

Seems your server is returning HTTP 403 error. See below.

403 Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /wp-content/plugins/wordpress-chat/wpmudev-chat-ajax.php on this server.

Basically, the Chat plugin does not use the default WP AJAX hook /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php because for each request WP wants to load up all the installed plugins. So the new Chat uses it's own ajax file located in /wp-content/plugins/wordpress-chat/wpmudev-chat-ajax.php

Are you running some security plugins which prevent access to this file?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@tadpubco,

Excellent. Can I ask if this was a WP plugin or something via your hosting? In case others have similar reported issues.

Also, I noticed you are running BuddyPress. Since the Group chat integration with BuddyPress is new in Chat 2.0 would appreciate a review and report of any issues or feature requests.

Thanks. Marking this as resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.