I'm searching for a particular content management plug-in.

I'm searching for a particular content management plug-in. I'm in the health solutions industry and consult with several hundred clients - each with a private blog with only their content. This method narrowly targets specific content library to a specific individuals. So... I have a library of messages (preferably a blog) and choose to selectively re-publish elements to specific blogs.
The operative principle is NOT to publish under-relevant content to my audience. The concept is single-casting, where each member of my audience gets a customized content stream explicitly tailored to their interest.
The issue I face daily is my library management - where I have standardized messages, like this one http://care.whnlive.com/marksircus/2013/11/15/stress-betaine-hcl/ that conveys a specific message to a specific user. I reuse these messages frequently - so managing them in a "source" blog, and inclusion by reference would make my administration vastly easier.
Do you know of any plug-ins that do this in a wordpress context ?
Thanks,
Mark Squibb

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Mark,

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

I'm not quite clear on the end goal here, is it to allow people to have a stream related to their interest, but how would that work?

Perhaps via tags/keywords they can use, to show relevant content?

Or something else? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• squibm
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jack:
    I've searched widely and tried about a dozen plug-ins. I figured if anyone knew about it it would be you guys.

At a high level it is a brand new publishing model - with a totally customized message stream, via selected posts, to a particular user. A blog audience of 1. This is different than "publishing" because all publications target multiple users.

From a plug-in point of view - the basic principle is very simple:
    [republish "SourceBlogId="1" "PostId=15"]
    This would pull the content from the source blog and publish it into the current blog.

The other blog is the content library - and the current blog would present the selected elements to the current user.

• squibm
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Jack:
    The answer is something else.
    The concept is a totally customized content stream for each member of my audience.

The basic implementation is a pair of blogs. A library - containing a list of "component messages" and a "View" containing an ordered assembly of a subset of messages from the library customized (by selection & sequence) to a single user.

Please see my posting reference inclusion above.
    http://care.whnlive.com/marksircus/

Do you know of a plugin that would allow me to republish a specific post/page item from another blog by shortcode reference as per my example above?
    Mark

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Mark (@squibm)

I hope you are well today and thanks for the additional information, sorry about the delay here.

I have checked and if your wanting to post blog posts via a shortcode which are from a multisite network, this is going to be the closest you'd get to that http://wordpress.org/plugins/content-mirror/

It's quite old and hasn't been updated in a while, I've tested and on my test install it works fine, but I'd advise testing it first before uploading to a live site :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.