I'm sorry for another question - but I'm fairly new

Hi I'm sorry for another question - but I'm fairly new to the membership functionality for wordpress.

I've just placed a dummy sign up. If you don't pay for the member you still get added to the site (as a subscriber) is there anyway to stop this from happening or instead of sending confirmation of registration an email is sent saying 'Please pay for your membership, until payment is received you are not considered a paid member of this site etc'.

Also is there a way to add payment options to the my account page (and see when the next payment is due). Payment is made on a yearly basis.

Julia

• aristath

Hello again Julia,

is there anyway to stop this from happening?

I'm afraid not.
    Memberships have to be "linked" to a member.
    If a user is not a member on your site, then memberships can't be applied. So the first step is always to register as a user. If the user then does not upgrade to a paid membership, they are treated the same as anonymous users.

or instead of sending confirmation of registration an email is sent saying 'Please pay for your membership, until payment is received you are not considered a paid member of this site etc'.

I'm afraid that's not possible either...
    The welcome email is sent as soon as the user account is created (so before they get to the membership page).
    There is no way to pass Membership data or check if the user has paid for a membership or not, because by the time they get to the membership form the email has already been sent.

I hope that clarifies things a bit...

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.