I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm getting a little

Hi,

I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm getting a little frustrated with WP/BP as a brand new user, it's been a learning curve!

I'm wondering if you can help me? I've installed some of your plugins and some are not working (I think). When I installed BP I could not even get it to show up when I installed the latest 1.9 version, so I tried earlier installations and 1.6 was the only one I could get to show up.

I'm having issues such as not being able to display themes (switcher), overlapping social bar, having issues with how the wiki links are displayed, the Android and iOS apps won't install, the bbpress theme won't install, the languages won't install... Just issue after issue.

I believe it's probably me configuring BP/WP arse backwards or because I'm using an older version of BP (not by choice), or probably both.

The thing I can't face is deleting wordpress and BP and re-installing it all from scratch, when it's taken me almost a week of day and night working to get it to a stage where it is.

Is there a way I can copy all my content/data/plugins/themes etc, delete the 1.6 version (and maybe WP), re-install the latest versions of both and add the saved data back? Can you please help me install the latest version of BP? as there are many other WP plugins that are not working with this version of BP (1.6.1 I think).

Please, can you help me with this? I don't have enough knowledge yet to install and configure it to work properly. My site URL is http://uncoveringtruths.com/thecommunity/

I hope you can assist me! Thanks in advance!!

Best regards,

Marcus.