I'm starting a site that's a niched version of say,

Hey guys,

I'm starting a site that's a niched version of say, wordpress.com/blogger.com

It would basically allow users to sign up for an account and have a theirnames.mysite.com account, and their sites will be showcased on my homepage.

What theme or plugin would allow me to do this please?

Thanks!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kang Wei,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

The best plugins to use for this are:

Pro Sites: The base of your network. Each site will start out free just like on WordPress.com or Blogger but then they can pay for premium features. Pro Sites controls all of that and takes manages the subscriptions :slight_smile:

New Blog Templates: Makes your users life a lot easier. You can setup site templates that your users can select from at sign up. So all the basic setup stuff is already done for them and all they need to do is add in their information and start blogging! or whatever your site users will do :p

Ultimate Branding: Allows you to completely brand your network. Give it that more professional look.

Pretty Plugins: Customize the way your plugins look in their listing. Entice people to get that upgrade. You can customize each of the plugins display pictures so they are all consistent.

Multisite Theme Manager: Pretty much exactly the same as pretty plugins only for your themes :slight_smile:

This will get you started. Depending what sort of features you plan to offer to your users, there are a ton more plugins you could add. MarketPress, Appointments+, Events+, CoursePress, and the list goes on :p ... those are all potential plugins you could offer as premium features.

This post here is a really good read as well: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-multisite-guide/

That will help give you some more ideas.

Hope this helps Kang!

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.