Unable to book two services for the same time slot

I'm trying a new setup for A+, very simple:

- 2 Services
- No Service provider

When I book the first service the time slot becomes unavailable for booking the second service.

Situation does not change setting the capacity of the services to 1.

What I was expecting was the following:

- If I don't set capacity for the services I assume infinite capacity, so I should be able to book again the first service and book also the second service

- If I set capacity to 1 for the services I should not be able to book again the first service on the same time slot but be able to book the second.

Please let me know if this is a bug or I'm missing something.

Kind regards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Antonio,

Hope you're well :slight_smile:

Appointments calendar without service selected will select first service by default and that's why it's showing as booked.

What you can do is either add service selector shortcode to your page [app_services] or you can use only one service but two providers, one of those providers can be dummy provider and that will allow you to select two services at same slot.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Antonio,

I hope you're well today!

The capacity setting for a service is there to "limit" the number of available slots and that number by default (when set to "0") equals the number of service providers assigned to this service. If there's no service provider assigned there'll never be more than one slot available.

The solution here is what my colleague Predrag suggested: assigning two service providers to the service (one of them may be "dummy" which is basically a "fake" service provider) and setting working hours for those service providers to be the same. With the default "0" capacity there'll then be two bookings available per slot. Just to explain how the capacity works:

- two providers and capacity set to "0" or "2" = two bookings/slot
    - two providers and capacity set to "1" - one booking/slot
    - two providers and capacity set to any value above "2" = two booking/slots

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Antonio

Hello Adam,

thanks a lot for your answer and for clarifying how the capacity works.
    So If I understand correctly the number of available service providers is what defines the available slot.
    And the assumption is that if I don't have service providers assigned to the service the program considers just one slot available.
    Let's say it another way: no service provider = 1 service provider
    Correct ?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Antonio!

Let's say it another way: no service provider = 1 service provider

You could say so, yes :slight_smile:

I also re-read this thread again and noticed that I didn't address another aspect of this. I explained how the capacity works. There's however an issue of selecting one out of two services when there's not service providers defined.

My colleague Predrag already suggested using a shortcode. By default calendar would pick up the first available service but with shortcode the customer would be available to select a service of choice (one of of these two). However, there'd be still only a single slot available even with those two services, meaning that booking a slot from any of them will block the same slot for the second service.

Therefore, you will still need to create two service providers (where one can be dummy) and assign services to them in order to get both services available per slot.

To sum it up.

- you have two services
    - you create two service providers
    - and assign either one service to one provider and another one to another service or simply assing both services to both providers

Now customer will be able to select service and book it and this booking shouldn't block the same slot for the second service.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.