I'm trying to figure out why this white line appears after a new member enrolls with disc. Coup

Good evening Staff, I hope this finds you well…

#1) When someone enrolls on our site with a 100% off discount code (we have invite only levels); this annoying shadow shows up and the re-direct to the welcome page won't work. (It now shows up as a white line since I found the CSS and gave it a 5px padding).

#1a) The redirect to the welcome page works if you're signing up for a free account and I haven't tested it for a paid account yet so I'm not sure what will happen with that…

#2) Also, I have asked about a captcha for the sign-up form but no one has been able to give me a straight answer. Is this possible? If not, why not?

#3) I would like to make it so a new member must authenticate their email address. Right now, anyone can sign up with a bogus email address and it goes through the entire process without any problems. How do I set up Membership so it requires each new member to authenticate their email address?

#4) If anyone else can answer my last question on this thread I would appreciate it. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/currency-mismatch-your-pro-sites-currency-is-set-to-usd-but-affiliate-currency-is-set-to-usd

• Rahul Verma
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello,

I hope you are well today and Thanks for posting on the forums.

#1- I tried 100% discount code on my lab site and was not able to produce the same white line issue. Can you please try it on a default wordpress themes like twenty fourteen or twenty thirteens?

#2- Membership doesn’t have the option to enable captcha for registration forms though you can integrate reCaptcha with help of following plugin on signup forms –

http://erikshosting.com/wordpress-plugins/membership-plugin-captcha/

#3- Membership doesn’t have the option to send out registration emails with activation codes. I’d like to flag this for Features & Feedback.

#4- Let me go through that post and getting back to you.

Best Regards

Sandeep Kumar

• SD2k
    • The Crimson Coder

#1- I tried 100% discount code on my lab site and was not able to produce the same white line issue. Can you please try it on a default wordpress themes like twenty fourteen or twenty thirteens?

Did you test it with a the default popup modal or with a standard page form?

• SD2k
    • The Crimson Coder

#3- Membership doesn’t have the option to send out registration emails with activation codes. I’d like to flag this for Features & Feedback.

I’m not looking for emails with activation codes, just an email verification like what is offered in the basic wordpress foundation.

So what are you to do with someone who signs up and offers a bogus email address? What security can you promise your members with that???

• Rahul Verma

Hello,

Thank you for posting back.

#1- I tested it with pop up model but my pricing was $0 with 100% discount for just a test and I was not getting that issue which you’re having. Though now I have seen same issue you’re having with $50 pricing and 100% discount. I’m checking it with developer and will get back to you soon.

#2- Once you get registered, you should get a confirmation email with username and password.

so if your normal WordPress emails are working then this should as well.

For many, when they have issues with sending mail they have success with SMTP:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/configure-smtp/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/smtp/

Please advise.

Best Regards

Sandeep Kumar

• SD2k
    • The Crimson Coder

Thank you Sandeep!

I appreciate you looking into this for me and I’m pleased that you had the same experience.

It is the same for me… When it is $0.00 then it works just fine. If there is a set price with 100% discount it has the anomaly.

#2- Once you get registered, you should get a confirmation email with username and password.

What I’m looking for is:

Member signs up and receives and email, then member must click on link to verify that the email address is legitimate.

Other legitimate concern is…

What if member accidentally puts the wrong email address in? Their membership is active and they have access to their account but will not get the welcome email or any other notices unless they realize they put their email address in wrong.

Again, thanks for your reply and I look forward to a fix on that issue!

Warm Regards…

• Rahul Verma

Hello,

Thank for posting back.

Unfortunately that fixes was not in the latest version as well. Below are the fixes in the code we need to apply if you want to give it a try though I have notified the developer about this bug.

Step 1 : We need to update the m_couponsuccess function defined in wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/js/popupregistration.js

Before :

function m_couponsuccess(data) {
    jQuery.fancybox.hideActivity();

try
    {
    if (typeof data.errormsg != 'undefined') {
    // Oops an error
    alert(data.errormsg);
    }
    else {
    // Content is being passed back so display
    jQuery('#fancybox-content div').html(data);
    jQuery.fancybox.resize();
    }
    }
    catch (e)
    {
    // Content
    }
    m_register_events();
    }

After :

function m_couponsuccess(data) {
    jQuery.fancybox.hideActivity();

try
    {
    if (typeof data.errormsg != 'undefined') {
    // Oops an error
    alert(data.errormsg);
    } else if (typeof data.redirect != 'undefined') {
    window.location.href = data.redirect;
    }
    else {
    // Content is being passed back so display
    }
    }
    catch (e)
    {
    // Content
    }
    m_register_events();
    }

It's highly recommended that always update files using FTP instead of default wordpress editor.

Step 2 : Make sure you have selected a page for "Registration Completed Page" option in Membership > Options > Membership Pages

I hope that helps.

Best Regards

Sandeep Kumar

• SD2k
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey there @sandeep Kumar,

I’m afraid this didn’t work. What has solved this for now is that I set up a pop-up modal to handle the welcome with a link they can click to send them to the front page which refreshes the system and shows them as logged in.

I would prefer to send them to our main welcome page but this will save us from looking unprofessional for now.

This is obviously a problem that needs to be escalated to a full blow bug ticket and your follow-up will be appreciated.

I’m not going to mark this as resolved yet as I would like to see a permanent solution.

Thanks for everything and please keep me posted.

JM…

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.