I'm trying to get the chat to look like I want. On your

I'm trying to get the chat to look like I want. On your screenshots I see a spacing between the edges and chat windows. However on my site there is no space. I'm also wondering if there is a way to make the edges rounded?

The page I have the chat installed on is: http://www.trollpick.se/dota-2-live-rummet/

You can clearly see what I'm talking about there.

• Ivan

Hey Ola,

Hope you have a great day and welcome to our community.

Which screenshots you are referring to? The ones with the pop-up or the integrated?

I saw on your page that you have the one integrated into the post. Can you please provide a little bit more detail or sketch of what you would like to achieve and we can point you in the right direction, or might come up with some code snippet if necessary.

Many thanks,
    Ivan

• Ivan

Hey Ola,

Thanks for the detailed pdf!

The problem with the chat showing login is actually fixed bug in the latest release, as the chat is not intended for anonymous user - they can provide whatever name they like in the chat and e-mail, so the chat can grab some name to display next to the message.

There is no need for for actual WordPress user registration in order people to use the chat.
    You can play with chat permissions from WP Admin -> Chat -> Settings Page -> Authentication.

As for the additional styling you could use child theme or Simple Custom CSS plugin. Or if you prefer some other.

Then you could try this css -

div.wpmudev-chat-box div.wpmudev-chat-module-messages-list div.wpmudev-chat-row{
      width: 96% !important;
      margin-left: 1%;
      -webkit-border-radius: 6px;
      -moz-border-radius: 6px;
      border-radius: 6px;
    }
    div.wpmudev-chat-box .wpmudev-chat-module {
        background: #f1f1f1;
    }
    div.wpmudev-chat-box div.wpmudev-chat-module-message-area textarea.wpmudev-chat-send{
      width: 98% !important;
      margin-left: 1%;
    }

I have used !important , but this should be used only when really necessary, and it is considered bad practice if you can avoid using it, but still do.

Give it a go and let me know if something is not as you wanted to.

Have a great day,
    Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.