Why can't I install the Multi-DB plugin via the WPMU DEV?

I'm trying to install the Multi-DB plugin via the WPMU DEV dashboard. It keeps redirecting me to the external plugin landing page, and then I try to press "Install," and it goes back to my WP-Admin dashboard where I started from.

Can you please tell me if I'm doing something wrong? The rest of the plugins seem to download/install quickly. I can't this one to download so that I can install it.

Julie

• Vaughan

Hi julianne,

Hope you're well?

This plugin is not installed like any other regular plugin. Please follow the instructions in the usage guide very carefully, I would recommend reading them several times and then several times more as this plugin is not easy to install & if you do not have server experience you would be better off hiring a sysadmin to do this for you as it is easy to go wrong. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-db/#usage

It's also not advisable to use this on shared hosting plans, it will work if you can create enough DB's, however, when you get to the stage of actually requiring this plugin it's likely your shared hosting plan will not have the resources anyway and your host would be asking you to upgrade.

Make sure you actually really need this plugin though because you will get no benefit out of it until you have well over a thousand blogs on your network.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.