I'm trying to install your plugins (any and all)

I'm trying to install your plugins (any and all) and I'm not able to do so. I keep getting this error.

"You do not have sufficient permissions to install plugins on this site."

I'vet tried using different browsers and clearing my cache, etc, but nothing seems to work. What am I to do?

• Nastia

Hello Shaun

I hope you are doing well today!

Do you use a WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on your site? Because you have a trial account you can install the plugins only using WPMU DEV Dashboard.

You can also install plugins only to one site, to the one that you registered with your trial account.

Please, make sure that the wp-content folder permissions is set to 755.

Would you please grant access to your site from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Shaun

Yes, I'm using the Dashboard plugin on my website.
    I'm only trying to install plugins on the website I registered with in my account.
    And the wp-content folder does have the permission settings 755.

I used the iThemes security plugin to rename that folder to something else. Would that be the reason I'm seeing this error message?

I don't mind granting you access, but how do I do so without displaying my login credentials to everyone else?

• Nastia

Hello Shaun

Would you please run a quick check for a conflict with another plugin?

Deactivate all other plugins on your site, switch to a default WordPress browser and try to install again any plugin. If you can install sucsesfully, activate one plugin at the time to find out which one causing this issue.

I don't mind granting you access, but how do I do so without displaying my login credentials to everyone else?

Once you grant access to your site only staff members can access it. We do not have access to your credentials this way.

If turns out, that this is not a conflict with another plugin. Would you please sent to us your credentials using our secure contact form?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Important! Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

We are waiting for your reply!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hi Shaun,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for sending in the credentials. I am not sure what role you assigned to the user you created for us for testing (wpmudev).

I were unable to access the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, that is understood because the user who originally installed and configured this plugin can access this because of security reasons. However you can allow what user can access the dashboard plugin by adding it from WPMU DEV -> Manage -> Permissions by searching the administrator users by typing their username in the field.

One more thing I noticed that this user does not have permissions to add new plugins from Network -> Plugins either. That is because you have created a new user with limited privileges. Please give this user super admin rights so we could access every thing on your website (this is required to fully troubleshoot the issue) or give us the login credentials of your existing super admin.

I used the iThemes security plugin to rename that folder to something else. Would that be the reason I'm seeing this error message?

Also, could you please revert that back to wp-content and then check again ?

Or deactivating the iThemes security plugin does that ? Please advice.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hi Shaun,

Then, it means that your Super Administrator don't have super powers to manage the Multisite Network. That said, being super administrator I should have access to everything and would permissions to do anything that can be done.

But, what I see is, there is no even Add New plugin option on your network like you see in the attached screenshot taken from my own network.

Here is the screenshot of this section from my site:

Here is the screenshot of this section from your site:

Same here on WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, there are no plugins or themes menus as you see in mine.

Here is the screenshot of this section from my site:

Here is the screenshot of this section from your site:

If you see exactly same as I do while logged on your site then there is something really very odd on your end. The chances are that your site got hacked or you have edited your site user roles with role editor plugin. You must scan your site with defender to see if you have any issues and also schedule regular backups of your site to stay on safe side.

The first step now (in case its same for you being logged in as super admin with your own username and password) to install WP-Defender Plugin (you can install manually via FTP) and run a site scan.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for updating the info but I am still unable to see the Add New plugin menu in default plugins area neither in WPMU DEV Dashboard plugins or themes. Same as above.

I now tried to access your site via FTP but the credentials you sent did not worked for me. I could not login because of incorrect username or password.

I can see you have already installed some of our plugins as well others and also some themes. So would you please tell us how exactly you installed those plugins, including our WPMU DEV Dashboard ? Or if you did not installed those plugins then ask who did that.

Your website won't let me download them either so there's nothing I can do.

It is not our website or WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin (however, we make adding new plugins and themes easier) that is disabling the adding new plugins or themes there is something else.

It can be developer who build this website for you may restricted the addition of new plugins and themes. Please contact your developer and ask him whether have done something like that, if yes then ask him to give you super admin user details so you could install/update new plugins/themes.

If you could access your website via FTP then you can install the WP-Defender plugin via FTP by following steps mentioned in this manual as mentioned in my last reply:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/installing-regular-plugins-on-wpmu/#ftp

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.